Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen display issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had this issue since I picked up the car back in early April. To be precised it started right after I upgraded to the latest release that came out in March/April. I don't recall the version at the moment. I've attached a picture. I told the service center and they stated that it's a known issue, but no eta for the fix. I've gone through 2 additional software upgrades since then, but issue persist.

Anybody else experience this issue? I'm driving a 2019 Model 3 Performance. I'm not seeing many complaints about this particular issue online, or from other Model 3 owners, so I'm wondering how common this is.

Attachments

• 20190421_104955.jpg
    20190421_104955.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 69
That shaded area down the middle on the screen?? That’s looks like a bad screen, needs to be replaced... did you make a actual appointment or did you talk to someone on the phone? This is the first I’ve seen this issue.

That reminds me of a Vertical Collapse, (a leaky capacitor). Go in, they may have to replace it.

Fred

By the way, that’s seems to be their known script when they talk to people on the phone “it’s a known issue” the next patch will fix it, if it was a known issue, we would know about it, especially on these forums.

Fred

Correct, that fuzzy shade. I sent them a service request through the app, and that was there response that it was a known issue. I also emailed a service technician the picture, but he never responded.

I'm just going to make another appointment and ask them to actually physically take a look at it.

Thanks