Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Staying On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normally, the MY screen times out after I leave the car (in the garage, plugged in). Yesterday, it would not go off (showing charge completed). Checked all doors, frunk, trunk, etc as well as reboot, etc. No luck. It will go off IF I lock the car OR unplug it. Also, noticed when I got in car that seat heater was on. I turned it off and it came back on by itself after reboot. Any suggestions? thx

Not sure it's the same problem but sometimes when I get out of my car and close the door everything will stay on: screen, exterior lights etc... When that happens, I simply reopen and close the driver's door and everything turns off. Other people have had the same problem and it was the seat weight sensor that needed replacing in a few cases. In my case, I'm not sure my sensor is bad. It happens to me more often when I just move the car in the driveway, or drive for a short distance without my seatbelt on. If I had left it that way and plugged the charger, I believe the exterior lights would have turn off but the rest would have stayed running.
Just check if you are in that same situation the next time, before plugging in.