Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Heater left on burns up charge socket?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
heat seater LOLOLOLOLOL
seat heater

people say this all the time and never realize...but to see it typed is classic.

(moderator note: Title edited from "Heat Seater" to "Seat Heater". I only note it, because I dont want to remove this post as there is nothing wrong with it, but the post doesnt make sense any longer with the title I edited)

Reactions: hcdavis3
Upvote 0
Even corrected I have no idea what the OP means.

Tim

What I got was, the OP left the seat heater on, came back out and found the outlet they plug their mobile adapter in fried, and the breaker tripped. They want to know if the two are related.

I agree with @PDX-Y , in that the seat heater would have zero to do with the outlet being fried / breaker being tripped. Its much more likely the there is something wrong with the wiring at the outlet.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Upvote 0
What I got was, the OP left the seat heater on, came back out and found the outlet they plug their mobile adapter in fried, and the breaker tripped. They want to know if the two are related.

I agree with @PDX-Y , in that the seat heater would have zero to do with the outlet being fried / breaker being tripped. Its much more likely the there is something wrong with the wiring at the outlet.
I thought the heated seats turned off once no one was detected in the vehicle. I have not seen them stay on in my wife's Y or my 3.

Upvote 0
I thought the heated seats turned off once no one was detected in the vehicle. I have not seen them stay on in my wife's Y or my 3.
I think they do, but you can also turn them back on in the app. of note, I dont think what the OP is saying is correct, I just relayed what I thought they were asking.

Reactions: JohnnyEV
Upvote 0
Thinking he meant to say:
“Left one seat heater on full and came back to find one of the USB outlets tripped and fried. Am I the culprit?”

but not sure if that’s a correct interpretation or he means something else. If one of the USB outlets is fried, couldn’t this also be the result of a bad third party cable used if a device was plugged in or just too much of a load on the circuit with seat heater on high and another device added? Need more clarification.

OR are we talking about charging at home (maybe preheating the car seat) and the outlet the mobile charging cable (HPWC) is plugged into is fried and tripped the house circuit breaker?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys are all wrong... Clearly this is code. Let me help...

Seat Heater = Slang for Chipotle or some other spicy bombshell for the rectum

He left his Chipotle (seat heater) in the car overnight instead of using the frunk. As a result, his planned trip was fried (cuz the whole car now smelled like arse). Clearly this was his fault... Rookie mistake

Mystery solved 🕵️‍♂️

Upvote 0
Thinking he meant to say:
“Left one seat heater on full and came back to find one of the USB outlets tripped and fried. Am I the culprit?”

but not sure if that’s a correct interpretation or he means something else. If one of the USB outlets is fried, couldn’t this also be the result of a bad third party cable used if a device was plugged in or just too much of a load on the circuit with seat heater on high and another device added? Need more clarification.

OR are we talking about charging at home (maybe preheating the car seat) and the outlet the mobile charging cable (HPWC) is plugged into is fried and tripped the house circuit breaker?
No I think he meant to say:

"left one heat seater on full and next morning I find out that my hair was fried. Am I the culprit?"

Upvote 0