Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Model S Plaid just got VIN assigned: Keep the first one or sell it and take second?

ekimsurfer

Slingshot Engage
Oct 9, 2017
Florida
I had two Plaids on order. The more expensive one that I ordered in June got a VIN and I purchased it. {Black/cream/wood/19inch wheels.}

My oldest reservation (Jan 2021) just got a VIN assigned 🙄 one week later. It’s $10k less because of when I reserved it. It’s Black/Cream/CF/Arachnids.

Should I try and sell the first one I got and put it towards the second or release the reservation for someone else?

The pain and misery I went through to get the first one is almost enough to make me pay the extra 10k and take a break from Tesla and all of their money games. Plus the wood grain is sort of growing on me.

Any thoughts?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC