Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying used Plaid from Tesla? If it looks worse than expected and you reject the vin/car do you lose order fee and transport fee or use it on another?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean I know the delivery fee is non refundable which is still kind of BS and all goes back to the no pic thing.
If it were me for $1k I’d probably just do it anyway, citing the “product not as described” as the reason. The contract states the car can exhibit normal wear and tear, but from what you describe, the damage goes beyond normal wear and tear - and therefore not subject to the limitations of the contract.

Whether or not you want to risk Tesla blacklisting you is another matter. I have no data on how often they actually do that for chargebacks.

If it were me for $1k I’d probably just do it anyway, citing the “product not as described” as the reason. The contract states the car can exhibit normal wear and tear, but from what you describe, the damage goes beyond normal wear and tear - and therefore not subject to the limitations of the contract.

Whether or not you want to risk Tesla blacklisting you is another matter. I have no data on how often they actually do that for chargebacks.
If you read their acceptable limits for a used car it could realistically be totaled almost. lol. Let me post some pics.

plaid pitting.png

I find the notion of being “blacklisted” by Tesla hilarious. Must be an internet legend. I’d be betting on never happening. Like you charge back 500 bucks and 2 years later show up to buy a car for a 100k, but suddenly the sale is off since you pop on the “black list” - right 🫠

Good call on letting go of something that would bother you. Your money spent means you want yo be happy about it, not 2nd guessing.