Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self Parking in Garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ClayF

Oct 10, 2022
WA
I've always wanted my Model X to self-park in the garage. I tried using white outdoor tape to create parking lines, but the car never detected them for years. With the latest Tesla update, it now recognizes the tape / parking lines and can self-park. A worthwhile addition to any garage!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240603-155301.png
    Screenshot_20240603-155301.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
Thanks for posting this - I've always wanted to get autopark working in my garage.

What kind of tape did you use?

How long is your driveway? (I've heard that self-parking stops working after the car has been going in reverse too long.)

Are you able to get this working with two cars fitting side by side, or are you parking just a single car in the middle of a double garage? (I'm wondering whether it will "reject" the spaces as being too narrow if I'm using the garage for two cars.)

Just picked up an outdoor thick white tape in Amazon, specifically: Duct Tape Heavy Duty White - 1.88... Amazon.com

My driveway is about 30ft. I find I need to reverse into driveway, when I'm about 15ft away it recognizes the car space.

I'm using single car space in double garage, but my hypothesis is that two spaces that conform to standard parking dimensions would work. Interested to know what you find out.

Ideally I want FSD to navigate to my specific car space including opening garage door