Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selfie Stick To the Rescue!! "Reaching" a Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I encountered my very first '1st World Problem' as a new Tesla Roadster driver this week.

My workplace parking garage has a badge scan requirement for entrance. In a "normal" vehicle, this is not a big deal, but in a Roadster...it is another story.
I had to maneuver extremely slowly to get as close as possible to the scanner station, remove my seat-belt and lift myself up slightly while straining my arm upward to reach my badge to the scanner. Not impossible, since I have fairly long arms, but not the most comfortable approach. I also created a line of cars behind me since it took a bit longer to gain access.

NOW for the solution!!! :) The idea just popped into my head while joking with co-workers about my "struggle". I ordered a cheap fold-able, telescoping selfie stick from Amazon and I use that to hold my badge and extend my reach to the scanner. So much easier! At the last red light before my parking garage, I just pop my badge into the stick and leave it on the seat until needed for scanning. When i park, I pop the badge off and fold the stick up and leave it in the dash trough.

I told a few people about this solution and even "normal" car drivers find it useful if the have shorter arms or don't want to worry about maneuvering so close to the scanner.

Hope this helps the anyone else who has the struggle with being so low to the ground. Other uses are endless. Maybe even a grabber type stick would work too, for handing over toll road $ etc...

Try mailing a letter.

IMG_3401.jpg

Yeah, this is the problem I usually encounter. The worst time was a rainy night with water pouring down my sleeve and soaking the mail while I repeatedly tried to reach the opening without opening the door. Finally pushed the mail up into the slot... but I was a little short and all the mail scattered onto the wet ground! I had to get out in the pouring rain, with people waiting behind me, pick up the now completely soaked letters, and deposit them in the box. :cursing:

I'm not sure a grabber-type stick would work because it might not hold the mail at the right angle to get it into the slot. Maybe I'll try it.

Doncha just love all the little challenges that come with being Roadster owners? Think about not only mailing letters but, drive up banks, going to fast food windows, parking ticket machines, toll booths, and any type of kiosk? Heck, the drive up pharmacy windows are just silly.

But, without the challenges, it wouldn't be any fun and driving our Roadster is just the best.

Doncha just love all the little challenges that come with being Roadster owners? Think about not only mailing letters but, drive up banks, going to fast food windows, parking ticket machines, toll booths, and any type of kiosk? Heck, the drive up pharmacy windows are just silly.

But, without the challenges, it wouldn't be any fun and driving our Roadster is just the best.

I once drove into my bank's drive-thru...and they had NO IDEA I was even there (drove up silently, and the roof the car is well below the bottom of the window). I had to press the call button to get their attention.

I once drove into my bank's drive-thru...and they had NO IDEA I was even there (drove up silently, and the roof the car is well below the bottom of the window). I had to press the call button to get their attention.

Happened to me as well. I pushed the call button a few times to no avail. I finally drove away and parked. When I went inside I asked why they never answered the call button. They said "We heard it but didn't see anyone there, so we ignored it." They were all dumbfounded by my "invisible" car.