Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling a Taptes Center Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine took some force. I put a piece of cardboard in between the item and my armrest and it slid down without issue. Had to do the same to get past the 12v plug. Had to think out of the box. Took 10 minutes total.

Reactions: cellphonechris
How did you get it in your car??? I just received mine, and it doesn't fit!! I'm afraid of damaging my center arm rest!! How did you fit it in???
You literally followed me across 6 different threads.. take a deep breath. As everyone else has stated, and is in their youtube videos and the document it came with, you gotta use some force. I used a towel and it did no damage to the arm rest.

I just got mine you push the console all the way forward and then drop it down in
It does not touch the arm rest if you place it as far forward as possible before bringing down into place
you also have to move the 12 volt cap upside down to use the 12 volt port if you want to use it and close the lid
It fits loose once placed in the console area then attach the side panels and it fits snug in there
If you need to take out, reverse the steps and your back to stock. i kept the carpet liner in my car
I also covered the retraceable lid with carbon fiber looks great and works better than the stock tesla version which I had
I used the plastic wrap on the lid as my template for the carbon fiber wrap

Last edited:
I purchased it and it came in about 1 1/2 weeks, which was much sooner than I expected. I installed it last weekend in about 10 minutes or less. I find it to be an amazing product. The seller explained that they had significantly upgraded the quality recently, so that may explain why I had a very positive experience relative to earlier posts. The fit and finish seems perfect. I have had 2 friends of mine who have newer Model S's say it looks 100% genuine and they wouldn't have noticed it was an aftermarket item. When installing, you have to put a bit of pressure to have it fit over the arm rest area, but once it is in, it doesn't move or rattle at all. Solid item. Highly recommended!
I have to update this post. After 3 years, this thing has totally fallen apart. It looked great for about 1 year and then pieces started braking. The door that covers the compartment broke, the swivel closure that covers the USB port and outlet broke within one year. Terrible quality. Be warned.

I purchased it and it came in about 1 1/2 weeks, which was much sooner than I expected. I installed it last weekend in about 10 minutes or less. I find it to be an amazing product. The seller explained that they had significantly upgraded the quality recently, so that may explain why I had a very positive experience relative to earlier posts. The fit and finish seems perfect. I have had 2 friends of mine who have newer Model S's say it looks 100% genuine and they wouldn't have noticed it was an aftermarket item. When installing, you have to put a bit of pressure to have it fit over the arm rest area, but once it is in, it doesn't move or rattle at all. Solid item. Highly recommended!
I have to update this post. After 3 years, this thing has totally fallen apart. The swivel door that covers the USB ports and cigarette lighter/power outlet broke within less than 1 year. The door that houses the main compartment broke in various places. I tried to glue it but it just brakes in other places. Truly a waste of money. Terrible quality. Be forewarned.

I have to update this post. After 3 years, this thing has totally fallen apart. The swivel door that covers the USB ports and cigarette lighter/power outlet broke within less than 1 year. The door that houses the main compartment broke in various places. I tried to glue it but it just brakes in other places. Truly a waste of money. Terrible quality. Be forewarned.