Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Semi-Confirmed owners list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quincy Jones

Get Ready for Tesla! - Tech Check with Jim Goldman - MSNBC.com

Quote:
"Meantime, Tesla continues to tempt its potential clientele with the grand-opening of its first dealership in Santa Monica, California. Rather convenient for the eco- and status-conscious Hollywood crowd: George Clooney, Jenny McCarthy, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Quincy Jones. They're all on the wait-list."
vfx,

Jim Goldman made so many factual errors in this report that I would not entirely trust his addition of QJ to the wait list, unless you can confirm it with another, more reliable, source.

All the best,

Chris H.

VIN S016 Jason Calacanis (#41 overall after now 25 Founders' Series cars)
Very Orange exterior, two-tone black/orange (rally 1) interior, orange head restraint
http://www.calacanis.com/2008/06/19/tesla-16-on-the-way/
Jason Calacanis moves up the Tesla delivery waiting line to #16, may give away car - AutoblogGreen
picture-5.png

Was reviewing the list today.

I often cross paths with people who have a lot more money than me (think of a master cobbler or a pool cleaner) so I try to use those connections to preach the Tesla (usually leaving my laptop nearby with a never ending Roadster slide show).

Today I was with a famous athlete (whom I had never heard of but they had a small posse) and checked the list to look for other athletes who have bought the car for use in conversation.

So George Foreman is it.

The sportsmen and women of the world need to step up green. They need the air clean to compete as seen by the whole pollution situation in China coming up.

Thought this was a good quote:

Irving Azoff
His favorite toy, though, is a gleaming $110,000 black Tesla, an electric car he says is the fastest car he’s ever owned. (“And I’ve owned Ferraris. I’ve owned Porsches.”) He offers a demonstration and we inch down his driveway, past his koi pond, through a set of slowly opening gates. When Mr. Azoff reaches the street, he punches the accelerator, and the car lunges to about 70 m.p.h. in under four seconds.

“Need I say more?” he cackles, barely braking in time for a stop sign. “It’s insane!”

Did Tiger Woods Buy His Wife A Tesla Roadster?

According to one source, Tiger Woods and his wife Elin Nordegren were keeping a low-profile at a Tesla Roadster dealership in Santa Monica last Thursday. Ted Casablanca over on E! said the two drove off in a “brand-spankin’-new, charcoal gray Tesla—which, if you’re not a car expert, is a way sexy (and über-pricey) electric sports car.”