Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Annoyances

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
I really wish Sentry Mode wouldn't flash the headlights when someone just walks by my car, it attracts more attention making people want to look into the car. At that point the screen doesn't even come on yet saying it's recording. The headlights should flash after the screen comes on telling people it's recording, not before.

And I wish Sentry Mode saved the video from only the cameras that actually saw movement. Saving video from all the Sentry Mode cameras is wasteful and takes a lot of time to sort through all the footage. And parking in a high traffic area creates a ton of useless video.

I'm really hopeful Tesla realizes all this and is working on improvements.

And I wish Sentry Mode saved the video from only the cameras that actually saw movement. Saving video from all the Sentry Mode cameras is wasteful and takes a lot of time to sort through all the footage. And parking in a high traffic area creates a ton of useless video.

But the other cameras could catch crucial info during the incident such as a plate number. Maybe they could just put a tag in the file name of a recording to indicate which camera triggered Sentry Mode to record.

I really wish Sentry Mode wouldn't flash the headlights when someone just walks by my car, it attracts more attention making people want to look into the car. At that point the screen doesn't even come on yet saying it's recording. The headlights should flash after the screen comes on telling people it's recording, not before.

I'm really hopeful Tesla realizes all this and is working on improvements.

Some good suggestions. Anything you happen to like about the only car offering this feature right now ?

If you have an android phone, I highly recommend using TeslaCam Reviewer app on Play store. It was made by one of the forum member here. You can see all 4 camera on the phone at the same time. It let you select the minute (event trigger is usually at the minute before the last minute inside a folder). I select 4x speed and could review the events in seconds to see what triggered it. You will need an OTG adapter (which came with many of the new Android phones).

• Helpful
Reactions: calidreamz808
I have used the Tesla Cam Video Player web site to watch the videos. Can see all four cams at once and play upto 10x speed. Makes short work of reviewing all the videos. Free site to use.

TeslaCam Video WebApp Player
So do I, but now I cant play back the videos because the software claims there is a bug in the way TESLA records the videos and you have to end up converting each video in order to play it. Very cumbersome.