Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode issues 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Download the new software yesterday and after a few hours I received an error message saying "sentry mode sentry mode has turned off due to a sentry error "
Now the sentry mode activated screen doesn't turn on when you get close to the car ?
I see some notification regarding sentry mode event report but the screen only shows how to open the car with the card and not the rec screen so to speak

Anyone else noticed similar with the new update? I did try hard reset a few times.

I got the same error message yesterday. I had previously deleted all the old files from my USB, so it wasn't a USB "full" problem that caused it. I've also had a number of occasions where the car tells me to use my key card even though my iphone is the key. I have been having problems lately with the phone connecting to the car automatically. Seems to take a while to "wake up" and connect. Had been attributing it to the fact that I'm using an iOS13 beta on my phone. NBD.

I have also been having some sentry mode issues. It is activated but the Sentry mode screen is not turning on when you get close to the car.
I also seem to be having some issues with the dash cam not recording whole driving even though the red camera light indicator is clearly on.
I am on 24.4

I received the same error from my cat, though tbf the thumb drive was not plugged in.

The thing I'm seeing is the headlights are turning on and it's literally the middle of the day with no clouds or shade. Also, it seems that as soon as my lights turn on, cruise control and AP ate both disabled. Also, no speed warning/chime.

same problem on my M3 running on 2019.24.4
it is not the usb, as it records everything just fine, both in Sentry Mode (when it stays active) and while driving. also not full, as I empty it twice a week.
it happens 2 or 3 times in a row one day, and then nothing for 1 or 2 days.
also, at times both autopilot and cruise control do not function, and the regular beam light stay on during the day (while driving)
WTF is going on?!?