Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode - no longer able to view live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean if the car is anywhere or you are?

If you notice, when browsing on the connectivity in the car, websites think you are in the Netherlands, because the connectivity Tesla uses is from a global roaming sim. So it will work from anywhere and your phone could be anywhere too, as long as you have an internet connection on your phone and prem connectivity in your car.
Thanks! my question is mainly on Sentry mode only works with Tesla premium or can i connect wifi through my phone hotspot and still can view liveview from anywhere.

it's the same way if you roam on your UK phone to another country and use data, it looks like you are in the UK as far the websites you are going to are concerned.
No it doesn’t. If it’s connected to the local network, it looks like it’s in that country. To watch something like BBC iPlayer (for example) you would have to use a tunnel VPN which pops out in the UK

Reactions: Adopado
Wouldn’t premium be cheaper? Also you’d be draining your battery even more to keep the phone charged.
hi Andy! In my case phone is cheaper because i have unlimited for everything and i pay only $8 for my phone.(special deal). i can leave my additional phone in car where i feel sentry mode is important especially in public places. i guess based on your response, i guess using my hotspot is viable option.

hi Andy! In my case phone is cheaper because i have unlimited for everything and i pay only $8 for my phone.(special deal). i can leave my additional phone in car where i feel sentry mode is important especially in public places. i guess based on your response, i guess using my hotspot is viable option.
I don't know if sentry mode will work over wifi, if it will then yes, that's a slightly cheaper option.. But, how much extra power will it use to keep the battery going on your phone and the wifi running in your car?