Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry sending me potty

You got the same issue with sentry?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Did but it got fixed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else got an overactive sentry mode? About 3/4 releases ago I think it was the one before we got dashcam viewer my sentry mode started going mental recording hundreds of events a day.

I ended up leaving it off as it was doing my head in and hoped it would be fixed in the next update but multiple versions later it’s still doing it, I’ve actually caught it in the middle of the firing up when nothing has happened, did they adjust the sensitivity for triggers?

5C23AEEB-A669-4777-BB2D-8B767EEAF736.jpeg

Attachments

• 7FEAC4DD-0460-4EB5-9B57-6248D833489D.jpeg
    7FEAC4DD-0460-4EB5-9B57-6248D833489D.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 46
Anyone else got an overactive sentry mode? About 3/4 releases ago I think it was the one before we got dashcam viewer my sentry mode started going mental recording hundreds of events a day.

I ended up leaving it off as it was doing my head in and hoped it would be fixed in the next update but multiple versions later it’s still doing it, I’ve actually caught it in the middle of the firing up when nothing has happened, did they adjust the sensitivity for triggers?

View attachment 547221
Mines just doesn’t work period. I can go up bang the windows try the door handles run my fingers from one side of the car to the other and it doesn’t bat a eye. This started 2 releases ago

Reactions: Fellsteruk
Mines just doesn’t work period. I can go up bang the windows try the door handles run my fingers from one side of the car to the other and it doesn’t bat a eye. This started 2 releases ago
I'm the same, mine was going mental before the dash cam viewer update, 100's a night if it rained! Now it's been give the Arnold Schwarzenegger steroid update and won't flinch to anything :/

The only recording I get is me going to the car like it's got a crush on me :S

Hey your car loves you, don’t knock it :)

some kids where playing football behind my car today then a kid on a Scooter rolls up looks in the window and rolls off. Sentry mode didn’t flinch yet tomorrow morning I’ll wake to hundreds of events and videos of what I can only suspect is a moth farting 10miles away because the camera footage shows nothing.

glad I’m not alone clearly not an issue effecting everyone but a big non the less

Reactions: JohnA16 and davidmc
Hey your car loves you, don’t knock it :)

some kids where playing football behind my car today then a kid on a Scooter rolls up looks in the window and rolls off. Sentry mode didn’t flinch yet tomorrow morning I’ll wake to hundreds of events and videos of what I can only suspect is a moth farting 10miles away because the camera footage shows nothing.

glad I’m not alone clearly not an issue effecting everyone but a big non the less
I raised a support ticket and was told that it would be sorted in 2020.20 so fingers crossed.

Reactions: davidmc
I wish you could turn the flashing lights off as well. For night time security it attracts attention, which is the opposite of what I want, and is really quite bright since I park on street. If it's outside the house and I'm stil awake I can tell when it's activated because it lights up my bedroom ceiling and I'm sure it does for my neighbours (especially when it's parked outside someone else's house).

Makes sense if you're parked in a car park and it detects someone looking in or something, but having it flash every time someone walks past on the pavement is totally unnecessary. We've had a couple of car thefts around me the last few months, mix of pros and opportunists, obviously taking advantage of empty night streets during lockdown. Whilst I'm not worried about theft, the flash will just encourage the opportunists to key it or something.

• Informative
Reactions: bhav