Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for whatever it's worth.... I just got off the phone with Tesla and they confirmed that June was indeed a place holder and that I should be getting a VIN soon.

They said that the bump happend to a lot of people yesterday and that they are building cars by order date not EDD date. So we will see.........

On a side note, this was the first person I have ever talked to at Tesla that was nice and actually sounded like they liked their job.

I’ll agree with the majority, If it was by order date i would have a car already, Antonius would also, along with bgowner. By order date…. Ha

So the way it was explained to me today is Configuration/order date.

So everyone that has your Configuration exactly..... is then prioritized by order date.

For example:

I have an OD of 9/28 with White ex. / Black int. / 20 inch wheels / and FSD / 5 seats/ no tow.

So whatever Configuration they are building at the time, it is prioritized by OD.

They only build so many whites, blues, blacks, etc. And they do it in batches. I think that is what she meant anyways.

I just called to schedule a test drive for my wife and the SA asked in passing if I had an order. I told her EDD was pushed today and she said she'd already gotten calls today about it. Her take is that Tesla runs on a clock based on quarters, and today's shifts represent where the company thinks their current orders will be with respect to EOQ2. Her opinion is that Q3 will be massive for deliveries. July (the end of my current EDD) is EOQ (AGAIN! ARGH!). So the optimist says, "It'll come in June", but the realist says Q3 delivery. We shall see!

Also, she said that test drives have been suspended indefinitely (at least at this DC, and one would hope company-wide) because all production has been allocated to delivery. Interestingly, she also said she's had some folks place a second order for Model S because the plan is to take delivery, immediately sell, and upgrade. 😆😆😆

So, Dizz - that "June-ish" date might be a good thing! It's all being weighed in the balance...

As an aside, Tesla stock is trending like a paperweight today. I hope the earnings call this afternoon turns things around!
Just got a VIN. So if “Dizz” is right about configuration batches prioritized by OD, you should get a VIN at any moment since you ordered a day before I did.

Toronto, Canada and San Antonio, TX
Wow and those are 19inch too. I ha e 20 inch and FSD so not my configuration. I am sure they will be working on my configuration soon. I know we all will get our cars soon. I just happened to choose a configuration that is very popular so unfortunately I will be waiting a while (FSD or no FSD). It is what it is.

I think I will get my VIN soon. I mean they have to eventually send me my car right 😂

Reactions: Firocity