Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who knows at this point. Something out of the ordinary is happening with recent orders. Back in May, average order to delivery was about 8 weeks or less. Several months later it is 3x as long at 24 weeks. Delivery delays increased by 3 months in 3 weeks. I'm thinking that they are stockpiling parts and slowing production at Fremont in anticipation of Austin opening. But at the same time, after looking at the most recent videos of the Austin factory, I don't think they are anywhere close to opening like Berlin is. There is zero HVAC installed in the building. A lot of the concrete slabs are not poured. The exterior walls are not finished. Even if they start limited production runs in late November or December, it's going to be LIMITED. It will be Q2 before they are cranking out MYs at Austin. Meanwhile, there are thousands upon thousands of orders sitting in limbo. I predict we see a May delivery estimate for new orders by the end of next week. Not trying to be Mr. Doom-N-Gloom but just being realistic. I think Tesla expected Austin to be up and running a lot earlier than it can possibly be. They keep taking orders for cars they can't deliver for 6 months. It's crazy. But to answer your question, as a "January" on my order date customer, I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I am in agreement with this thesis. It is 3 weeks since I ordered my Tesla, I still do not even see a month for an EDD. It can only mean, no one has any idea when production can start at Austin. It is also clear, Tesla does not want MYLR to be made at Freemont nor import from China. One can take solace that probably MYLR is the least profitable for Tesla and hence better value for money compared to MYP, X, S models!

So what is the process if one wanted to change their order to the MYP? Do you lose the 250 deposit and create a new order or do they flip the order to the MYP and use your existing deposit and order? Just asking, not sure if that's what I want to do yet. Just being prepared.

So what is the process if one wanted to change their order to the MYP? Do you lose the 250 deposit and create a new order or do they flip the order to the MYP and use your existing deposit and order? Just asking, not sure if that's what I want to do yet. Just being prepared.
From reading previous responses, if you contact your SA or call Tesla they can change your order with no fee/losing your deposit. They are making $7k more after all :)

Ordered MYLR 09/10, blue, black interior, no FSD. Original date was Feb, but have had no EDD since order. Starting to get a little anxious about MY schedules, given the receding delivery dates and the comments on Austin above. Hopefully Austin comes online reasonably smoothly. Would like the structural battery packs, even though I don't expect we'll be getting 4680s. Hell, I'd take a MY from Shanghai and forgo the tax rebate if it meant getting it a couple of months earlier...

Reactions: 45thParallel
OMG for the first time, I saw the EDD date appear on my account. :)
I ordered MYLR on 9/5, Silver Metallic, Tow Hitch, No FSD, 19" Gemini wheels but changed color to Red, on 9/8.
Never saw EDD on the account since I ordered which at that time said Jan.
This morning when I checked it shows Dec 23-Jan 12. Finally I have an estimate. I hope it changes to October sometime. :)

I ordered MYLR on 9/5, Silver Metallic, Tow Hitch, No FSD, 19" Gemini wheels but changed color to Red, on 9/8.
This morning when I checked it shows Dec 23-Jan 12. Finally I have an estimate. I hope it changes to October sometime. :)

Mines came back today too!! Back on track for an EDD of Dec 22 - Jan 11 😬

Ordered MYLR 09/10, blue, black interior, no FSD. Original date was Feb, but have had no EDD since order. Starting to get a little anxious about MY schedules, given the receding delivery dates and the comments on Austin above. Hopefully Austin comes online reasonably smoothly. Would like the structural battery packs, even though I don't expect we'll be getting 4680s. Hell, I'd take a MY from Shanghai and forgo the tax rebate if it meant getting it a couple of months earlier...
9/6 order. No EDD as yet.

Hi, I ordered same car without tow hitch on the same day.....when I ordered it said January. That disappeared for a while. Then February. Now that has been gone for some time now.....still no EDD :(

You're 5 days ahead of me, so if I got a delivery estimate a few days after yours (say mid-January), I'd be ecstatic. I know it doesn't quite work like that (and the estimates change), but this is encouraging. Of course, I live in Minnesota, so a mid-January delivery will be quite a learning experience with winter range, tires, etc... :oops:

Reactions: 45thParallel
You're 5 days ahead of me, so if I got a delivery estimate a few days after yours (say mid-January), I'd be ecstatic. I know it doesn't quite work like that (and the estimates change), but this is encouraging. Of course, I live in Minnesota, so a mid-January delivery will be quite a learning experience with winter range, tires, etc... :oops:
I agree these EDD doesn't work in order. I am sure down the road its going to disappear and come back again, hopefully sooner EDD. Waiting for my car for 4 months seems like a long time, I am already getting impatient. But there is nothing we all can do but wait. Talking to my SA last week, he mentioned since you just ordered it might be a while which was quite discouraging.

While we all wait for our cars, how is everyone planning to charge their cars? Getting NEMA 14-50 or Tesla Wall Charger?
If we need to charge 2 Tesla's how does that work? what should I tell the electrician to do? I called an electrician for an estimate but not sure what exactly to ask him for charging 2 cars?

While we all wait for our cars, how is everyone planning to charge their cars? Getting NEMA 14-50 or Tesla Wall Charger?
If we need to charge 2 Tesla's how does that work? what should I tell the electrician to do? I called an electrician for an estimate but not sure what exactly to ask him for charging 2 cars?
I purchased a Tesla Wall connector and had an Electrician come to give a quote. He is yet to give a firm quote but said it would around $2500. My panel is in the east end of my basement and garage on the west end. So for a ranch style home, that is quite a distance. With no worthwhile incentive from my local Electric Coop (Hennepin-Wright) that is what it will cost. I might get another quote since time is on my side.

Reactions: Tararua
I agree these EDD doesn't work in order. I am sure down the road its going to disappear and come back again, hopefully sooner EDD. Waiting for my car for 4 months seems like a long time, I am already getting impatient. But there is nothing we all can do but wait. Talking to my SA last week, he mentioned since you just ordered it might be a while which was quite discouraging.
I'm tired of the wait already, and January just seems an age away (let alone late Feb or March :rolleyes:)... Although maybe we'll all receive our cars in late December as Tesla scramble to set production records for the year. One can hope! For charging, I'm just going to get a NEMA 14-50 installed. We'll be moving house in a year or two, so no point in spending more than I have to now. I'm wondering about winter tires for this first winter, but we throw blizzaks on my wife's Subaru every winter, so I could always take that to work when there's heavy snow...

I purchased a Tesla Wall connector and had an Electrician come to give a quote. He is yet to give a firm quote but said it would around $2500. My panel is in the east end of my basement and garage on the west end. So for a ranch style home, that is quite a distance. With no worthwhile incentive from my local Electric Coop (Hennepin-Wright) that is what it will cost. I might get another quote since time is on my side.
Wow $2500 is quite a big number. I asked an electrician for an estimate but haven't heard back from him. I guess I should call few more and get estimates. I just ordered the wall connector few min ago.