Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 5-seat LR no FSD. To follow where Tesla is in delivering, I've been loading the Teslike tracker sheet, sorting by OD, then filtering-out the stuff I didn't buy (Performance, 7-seat and FSD). Then, scroll until I find the point that about half the rows have VINs and half have no VINs. (*). I am seeing that at about August 28, for my build.

So for my model, if I had ordered 8/28, it would be a coin-flip whether I'd have gotten a VIN yet. Since I ordered two weeks later, I expect that it will be a coin-flip whether I have a VIN in two weeks.

(this ignores the off-hold orders, which may spice things up a bit)
(*)some people listed their order, but never come back to list their VIN or delivery. So you don't need to look for absolute 50% of spreadsheet lines with VINs.
There is no logic to this at all. Just 8 days between your booking and mine. Other than seat color, your configuration and mine is similar. That said, while looking up MN bookings, I was surprised to see so many MYP's. I Maybe I should have booked an MYP. Clearly snow and cold does not seem much of a concern here, or at least as much as I worried about.

I ordered my white MYLR standard wheels and options in Sept. The EDD has been stable at Feb 25 to March 25. It was just moved to SEPTEMBER. Did this happen to anyone else?
I am in NJ OD 9/11, mine was jumping around Around March April and then About a month and a half ago it changed to September and has been there even since. Not sure how true is that, but I heard that September is a placeholder for east cost for GigaTexas. So when it opens up they will have a better idea of the delivery date. At least that’s what I like to believe :)

I am in NJ OD 9/11, mine was jumping around Around March April and then About a month and a half ago it changed to September and has been there even since. Not sure how true is that, but I heard that September is a placeholder for east cost for GigaTexas. So when it opens up they will have a better idea of the delivery date. At least that’s what I like to believe :)
Hope you are right.

Thats strange. I'm in NJ too and ordered after you. Mines a white base MYLR with no upgrades.. My Edd says Jan 26 to Feb 23. What's your config?

Last edited:
There is no logic to this chaos.
Lots of noise!
I counted a bit more carefully (not just "eyeball it").
Looking at that spreadsheet, the percent of 5-seat LR noFSD orders which got a VIN are:
- 80% (late May)
- 83% (early June)
- 81% (late June)
- 80% (early July)
- 53% (late July)
- 43% (early August)
- 27% (late August)
- 18% (early September)

Since it flat-lines around 80%, I'm going to assume that 80% really means 100%, and the other 1 in 5 people didn't bother to update the spreadsheet when they got their VIN. So multiply all percentages by 1.25-ish:

- 100% early July
- 66% late July
- 54% early August
- 34% late August
- 23% early September

I think one confusing thing is that spread is huge: about 6 weeks. Roughly for each early Sept. order with a VIN (like 45thParallel), there is a late July order which still did not get a VIN. This fills the forum with conflicting estimates.

On the bright side, that means every day, there's a chance for me to get my VIN. The down side is that the same could be said for each day in the next 6 weeks: my 9/10 order will probably get a VIN in 3 weeks, ...plus or minus 3 weeks!

Last edited:
September does seem far out, even if for Giga Texas. Any chance you selected finance for payment method and it expired? If so, set to cash instead. Then, once you get VIN, you can get it switched back to finance.

Lots of noise!
I counted a bit more carefully (not just "eyeball it").
Looking at that spreadsheet, the percent of 5-seat LR noFSD orders which got a VIN are:
- 80% (late May)
- 83% (early June)
- 81% (late June)
- 80% (early July)
- 53% (late July)
- 43% (early August)
- 27% (late August)
- 18% (early September)

Since it flat-lines around 80%, I'm going to assume that 80% really means 100%, and the other 1 in 5 people didn't bother to update the spreadsheet when they got their VIN. So multiply all percentages by 1.25-ish:

- 100% early July
- 66% late July
- 54% early August
- 34% late August
- 23% early September

I think one confusing thing is that spread is huge: about 6 weeks. Roughly for each early Sept. order with a VIN (like 45thParallel), there is a late July order which still did not get a VIN. This fills the forum with conflicting estimates.

On the bright side, that means every day, there's a chance for me to get my VIN. The down side is that the same could be said for each day in the next 6 weeks: my 9/10 order will probably get a VIN in 3 weeks, ...plus or minus 3 weeks!
very nice analysis. I am indeed puzzled how so many July OD's are left behind. No rhyme nor reason to it.

Same happened to me last week. Any Update from you

That is what happened to me. I selected finance for payment method and it expired then EDD move to est September!!! No update since
No that happened like a month before my Financing expired, but I switched to cash now. The only thing I think of that could have contributed to this delay is me filling out financing late, since my SA was keep saying that it doesn’t matter when you apply for financing so I didn’t, but then reading the forum a lot of people were saying that it might affect your delivery date.

No that happened like a month before my Financing expired, but I switched to cash now. The only thing I think of that could have contributed to this delay is me filling out financing late, since my SA was keep saying that it doesn’t matter when you apply for financing so I didn’t, but then reading the forum a lot of people were saying that it might affect your delivery date.
The same happened to me. My SA also said financing info doesn't affect EDD and to not select loan as it would expire before delivery.

Due to this misinformation, i am yet to get car ordered on 7/11.

Oh wow sorry to hear that, how long after did you apply for financing? I thinking I might be in the same boat with the delay EDD
OD: 7/11
Financing Info: 9/18

EDD: Jan 11-Jan 25th

Tesla system is treating my order as if it were placed on 9/18.

The worst part, SA said he cannot do anything from his end to rectify this mistake. Worst customer service.

It makes no sense for making financing info required field, if tesla cannot deliver the cars within the financing window.

This whole select cash and change to loan later is not publicly advertised.

Does location affect EDD or just time ordered?

If I live in middle of nowhere, do I have to wait for more teslas to be delivered to a showroom near me before I get assigned a vin?

I live in south and my SA said they aren’t expecting any cars till March at the earliest.

EDD- late Jan. Early feb.

OD: 7/11
Financing Info: 9/18

EDD: Jan 11-Jan 25th

Tesla system is treating my order as if it were placed on 9/18.

The worst part, SA said he cannot do anything from his end to rectify this mistake. Worst customer service.

It makes no sense for making financing info required field, if tesla cannot deliver the cars within the financing window.

This whole select cash and change to loan later is not publicly advertised.
My SA warn me about selecting financing and it expiring. Told me not to do it yet. But he didn’t tell me I needed to select cash to complete the process. That delayed my order for two months, called and asked why my order was pushed back to April at that time and found the problem fixed it