Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After being pushed out 2 months to late April, early may, my Edd just changed to 3/11-3/31. First time I have had a shortened window.
Mine changed to the same range today. It was a micro movement from 3/12 - 3/31. 19-day window to 14-day window. What does it all mean??? It’s a tale of sound and fury, signifying nothing. EOQ! It’s quite the ride.

Mine changed to the same range today. It was a micro movement from 3/12 - 3/31. 19-day window to 14-day window. What does it all mean??? It’s a tale of sound and fury, signifying nothing. EOQ! It’s quite the ride.
I texted the number we have for Tesla (idk if it goes to our local office or general SA). When I go online and play with ther same order (although it costs more…) the edd is Aug 2022. We entered our edd yesterday 2/20-3/20 and got bumped all the way to 6/9-7/7. Out of all the bumps yesterday ours seems like one of the larger ones. Profiles been cash since order. No trade. Tesla called last week to verify no trade. Super bummed.

I texted the number we have for Tesla (idk if it goes to our local office or general SA). When I go online and play with ther same order (although it costs more…) the edd is Aug 2022. We entered our edd yesterday 2/20-3/20 and got bumped all the way to 6/9-7/7. Out of all the bumps yesterday ours seems like one of the larger ones. Profiles been cash since order. No trade. Tesla called last week to verify no trade. Super bummed.
I'm pretty sure this means you're getting a delivery within 30 days. Read that if they actually call to confirm no trade then you are on a list of tentative delivery scheduled in the next 30 days. Additionally, also seen quite a few people get bumped way out, then within 2-3 days come back in to a short window w/ VIN!

Sigh. Went from 2/13-3/13 to 2/20-3/20…woke up to 6/4-7/7. SA called last week to verify no trade in. Set to cash. Hope
I'm pretty sure this means you're getting a delivery within 30 days. Read that if they actually call to confirm no trade then you are on a list of tentative delivery scheduled in the next 30 days. Additionally, also seen quite a few people get bumped way out, then within 2-3 days come back in to a short window w/ VIN!
Fingers crossed. That’s what I thought was somewhat common too- but with a bunch of people getting bumped yesterday I worried It wasn’t a good sign. Normally I like rollercoasters. This is one I am ready to get off of. Lol.

OD 9/27- MYLR5, Blue/black, 19’s, no tow/FSD
Located in Saskatchewan, CAN.
Tomorrow is the first day of my EDD! (2/23-3/23) Got a message from SA last week asking if I will be trading in my current vehicle. By the looks of how things are trending, I do expect that my dates will get pushed, but let’s see 🤞🏼

Can confirm. They called me to discuss trade status. SA (or whatever type of associate discusses trade ins, LOL) indicated that his group receives a list of all orders slated for delivery with 30 days. My EDD hasn't yet been bumped way out; it appears to be adjusting down (30 days, 19 days, 14 days). I keep telling myself: "OmbreCake, when you ordered the car in late Sept, the site said to expect delivery in April. The rest is gravy." 😂😂

Reactions: Acehlers
I am a outlier then, after multiple trade in texts starting last week of December, i received a trade in call on first week of feb. My Current EDD is March 19-March 31.

There is no logic to tesla's madness.

I am a outlier then, after multiple trade in texts starting last week of December, i received a trade in call on first week of feb. My Current EDD is March 19-March 31.

There is no logic to tesla's madness.
Agreed. I had the trade in text early in January but EDD has kept slipping towards end of March as of now. There is no logical explanation to the process. I'm in LA so it seems that Tesla has pushed my delivery to the EOQ to make better numbers.

Reactions: Tesraki
Agreed. I had the trade in text early in January but EDD has kept slipping towards end of March as of now. There is no logical explanation to the process. I'm in LA so it seems that Tesla has pushed my delivery to the EOQ to make better numbers.
I’d take end of March for EOQ over June/July right now. Trade in text was Jan 15. Phone call was Feb 17. I’m northern Nevada- taking delivery in Reno, so about a 4 hr drive from Fremont.

Same experience for me - got excited about the trade in text/call in January right before my EDD was (then) coming up, even went through applying for financing and getting quotes on selling my car (not through Tesla) - but that was only followed with EDD getting pushed out multiple times (now 3/12-3/31).

I know some people get unexpected VIN assignments, but being in LA, I’m resigning myself to being an EOQ rush delivery. I’m just hoping now that I don’t get pushed to Q2 somehow.

This might seem morbid but just curious who has been waiting for an VIN the longest in here? My order date was September 3rd 2021. I mean I did order the unicorn config with 7 seats, black interior and Gemini wheels but still wondering. There are folks in the August forum that are still waiting on a VIN 😂😢
Yes, is a few August and I think 1 from July, not sure why the July but he posted yesterday that he was still waiting

Reactions: HopefulCali
This might seem morbid but just curious who has been waiting for an VIN the longest in here? My order date was September 3rd 2021. I mean I did order the unicorn config with 7 seats, black interior and Gemini wheels but still wondering. There are folks in the August forum that are still waiting on a VIN 😂😢

Similar - I ordered September 7th - Blue/Black, 7 seat, Gemini wheels. Had a 14 day window recently - when I got inside it I bumped out to Feb 25 - March 31. A couple of days ago it went to Feb 25 - March 9. Fingers crossed...

Do you really want the answer to this? Fine. (Grab a tissue, you'll need it)

So I started working on this based on the filters and realized the vast majority of these have a massive time delay between OD and Profile Completion, so duh. But because I did the work, here you go:

Longest Order to VINs on the Teslike spreadsheet:
- 489 days, Oregon, MYLR5 White/Black, 19", Tow, FSD, OD 08/2020
- 484 days, Virginia, MYLR5 White/Black, 19", No Tow, No FSD, OD 01/2020
- 418 days, California, MYLR5 Blue/Black, 19", Tow, FSD, OD 10/2020
- 268 days, California, MYLR5 Blue/Black, 20", No Tow, No FSD, OD 02/2021
- 262 days, Minnesota, MYLR5 Blue/Black, 19", Tow, No FSD, OD 05/2021

Longest one I could find where Profile Completion = Order Date (or anywhere near close) are 185 days & 190 days.

- 185 days, Missouri, MYLR7 Blue/Black, 19", Tow, No FSD, OD 08/2021 (got VIN 3 days ago)

There went 15 minutes that I needed for myself to also know the answer to this question (properly). I'm thinking that we'll start finding more "185 days" and higher soon.

Same experience for me - got excited about the trade in text/call in January right before my EDD was (then) coming up, even went through applying for financing and getting quotes on selling my car (not through Tesla) - but that was only followed with EDD getting pushed out multiple times (now 3/12-3/31).

I know some people get unexpected VIN assignments, but being in LA, I’m resigning myself to being an EOQ rush delivery. I’m just hoping now that I don’t get pushed to Q2 somehow.
Exactly! My EDD is March 27-31…so definitely at the end 😩. Definitely don’t want to go into Q2.

Reactions: Sunil_K