Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah this EDD thing is getting crazy. I would've thought Tesla would become better at this by now. Second time I had a 10-day EDD window, started preparing to take delivery, that suddenly got pushed back 1-2 months. Was just 2/23-3/4 yesterday... this morning woke up to 4/23-5/21. Never any config changes, holds, etc. and completed profile and obtained credit approval within days of OD.

Yeah this EDD thing is getting crazy. I would've thought Tesla would become better at this by now. Second time I had a 10-day EDD window, started preparing to take delivery, that suddenly got pushed back 1-2 months. Was just 2/23-3/4 yesterday... this morning woke up to 4/23-5/21. Never any config changes, holds, etc. and completed profile and obtained credit approval within days of OD.
It’s happening to most to be honest. I honestly bet that your date will be swung right back either tomorrow or next couple/few days. Might even get your VIN. They’ve finally started assigning model Y VINs. Stay positive!

It’s happening to most to be honest. I honestly bet that your date will be swung right back either tomorrow or next couple/few days. Might even get your VIN. They’ve finally started assigning model Y VINs. Stay positive!
I am still holding at March 5 - March 31 today. Last EDD change was February 3. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back to April anytime soon. 😢

Question for folks here. Do you think it’s clear that you don’t get into the scheduled delivery line unti you complete the purchase details after making the order?

Cuz to me it wasn’t. Hinted at and maybe implied, yes. Explicit, no.

Just me or was it not clear to others?

Question for folks here. Do you think it’s clear that you don’t get into the scheduled delivery line unti you complete the purchase details after making the order?

I didn't know either. I thought once you ordered you are in the queue already. Just did some lurking at Reddit and found out people are doing "Cash" prior to ordering.

SA didn't even mention putting it to Cash. He just told me I can apply for a loan mid-January.

Looks like everyone is getting pushed back, and my EDD has also been changed. Still on a two week window, and already had received the trade in text.

Not going to lie, I was obsessing over checking the app as I was days away from entering the delivery window for the first time. I was confident it’d be either VIN or EDD push.

Hopefully it comes back sooner.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25/21 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27/21
Trade-In Text: 2/11/2022

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (17 days with this EDD, 132 days since OD)
02/11: Received Trade in Text
02/21: EDD March 11 - March 25th (Current, 149 days since OD)

Lost all faith in the system. EDD pushed out again to 3/13 -3/31. This is downright ridiculous and frustrating.
I feel you Bro...my order date is close to yours and I opted for the unicorn whitel/black 7 seater with Gemini wheels...if I had only placed the order in the office and someone could have slapped my hands and told me to switch up the config I'd probably be sitting in it right now drooling all over it ;)

Not for me it was not, SA did say something about not selecting Finance due to it expiring and having to renew with multiple Credit Inquiries, didn't say I should select cash, so I did neither.

I was explicitly told, it wouldn't affect and if i want to avoid multiple credit checks due to expiring financing , then to not select the payment information until VIN assignment 🙃.

Tesla's customer service is clueless and worst. People in this forum know more than the SAs.

Reactions: Tesraki