Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every company has terms, but it is simply software that can be uninstalled, they should shift delivery date back instead of charging the customer more money, if they see they are trying to play the system, delay their delivery.
Agreed they should do something. Move them to the end of the line. But to have people buy FSD to move up delivery then cancel it after getting VIN is crazy. You know Telsa willdo something fast to stop that.

Reactions: DrGriz and EVris
Day one of my 2 week EDD today. No vin. Is it safe to assume since I am on the east coast that I will not be an EOQ push?
Never say never, but I'm in the southeast and was bumped out of a 2-week window (3/11-3/25) on the second day. I hope your situation is different and you get a VIN soon! FYI my DC indicated that shipping from Fremont takes 2 weeks. By that measure, your could still be an EEEOQ. 😁

I was thinking of trying out FSD at some point since you can pay for it with a subscription which feels like the best option...I mean I don't mind testing out Beta software on my PC, but not so much with my car lol
I am an optimist with FSD. Many people don't think it'll ever be what Tesla says it will, but I'd like to give it my vote of confidence. The thing that holds me back from buying it for $10k is that it follows the car, not the driver. I know Tesla has reasons for this, but I just can't get on board. I'll subscribe, though. Just need a CAR!

I have an OD of 9/29 and delivery window is 8/18-9/16, yes that's right. I don't know if something is broken or what, but I'm conflicted between starting to make noise about it with Tesla or just letting it sit and take forever. I figure I'm locked in with Q3 2021 prices and the car will only get better the longer it takes. On the other hand, my 3 warranty is expiring soon and I actually want the extra space in the Y (and AWD) sometime this year.

Reactions: TrooperCA
I have an OD of 9/29 and delivery window is 8/18-9/16, yes that's right. I don't know if something is broken or what, but I'm conflicted between starting to make noise about it with Tesla or just letting it sit and take forever. I figure I'm locked in with Q3 2021 prices and the car will only get better the longer it takes. On the other hand, my 3 warranty is expiring soon and I actually want the extra space in the Y (and AWD) sometime this year.
That can't be right if your profile is complete etc. - we have the same OD. What's your build? Shouldn't matter though - don't recall options making a difference when I placed the order - expected delivery at the time was March / April.

Reactions: dot.eth and DrGriz
That can't be right if your profile is complete etc. - we have the same OD. What's your build? Shouldn't matter though - don't recall options making a difference when I placed the order - expected delivery at the time was March / April.

MY AWD, blue paint, white interior, tow package, 5 seats, no FSD

Profile has been complete since a few days after I ordered. In fact they once assigned me a VIN back in October, and then removed it a few hours later. Occasionally the trade-in offer expires, and I have to update mileage or provide pictures. Maybe that resets the delivery window? No idea.

MY AWD, blue paint, white interior, tow package, 5 seats, no FSD

Profile has been complete since a few days after I ordered. In fact they once assigned me a VIN back in October, and then removed it a few hours later. Occasionally the trade-in offer expires, and I have to update mileage or provide pictures. Maybe that resets the delivery window? No idea.
We even have essentially the same car and I’m in Canada so I’d expect a longer delivery. The SA that did my order suggested “cash” and “no trade”, both of which can be easily adjusted before delivery. It might help to call and make your order as simple as possible for now.

well this is new, I just got the text below

IMG_7693.jpg

Just got this text

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.
Same! I'm getting hot and heavy over here.

Responded, but no receipt confirmation as of yet - anyone receive follow-up post replying?