Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a ****ing joke. My EDD has moved to March 29 - April 12. I confirmed a March delivery in the text. This is BS
Absolutely. My EDD moved from 3/25-3/31 to 3/23 -4/6. I replied MARCH to the text. I'm in LA. We all know if we don't get it during EOQ, there's no saying as to when.

After a long time waiting, it's finally here. Delivery was extremely smooth, took 15 minutes overall. Car looks in great shape and they said "3 days or 100 miles" to look over the car, so tomorrow I'll go over everything with care to make sure everything looks good. AMD Ryzen confirmed, everything looks in great shape. Glad that this anxiety is finally over with, and I hope everyone here gets theirs soon. The wait is just absolutely brutal, but hopefully worth it for everyone that sticks it out.

This is the most base model, so proof that those who don't have the most expensive models can also believe a VIN date is possible!!

Only thing I see so far is that the car had 6 miles, and the cameras aren't calibrated, so no cruise control or autopilot for now. I figure once I get enough miles in this should work.

View attachment 782573

My final timeline:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25/21
Profile Completed Date: 9/27/21

Timeline:

09/25: Order Made at local Tesla dealer. (Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (17 days with this EDD, 132 days since OD)
02/11: Received Trade in Text (139 days since OD)
02/21: EDD March 11 - March 25th (17 days with this EDD, 153 days since OD)
02/27: Received VIN NF389xxx (155 days since OD)
02/27: EDD March 17 - March 21st (4 days with this EDD, 159 days since OD)
03/03: EDD March 19th - Delivery Date confirmed
03/18: Delivery Day (1 day early)
Congrats!! Looks gorgeous. I have the same order date and order as you, so I’m holding out hope that mine will arrive soon…

Reactions: eMahle
Look like I'll be joining soon too. Got pushed from March 19-31 to March 31 - April 14. This will be my second Tesla, sold my M3 to my cousin in September. The wait for that car was only 6 weeks in 2019. This (collective) experience is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth especially since there's no clear communication from Tesla as to how they are lining up deliveries and the ever increasing need to ditch the gas guzzler I have given rising gas prices.

In a few years, when I'm ready for a new car and when there are more EV options available in the market, I'll be considering those other options. Since I've owned a Tesla before I can tell you the car is great when you first get it, but the excitement eventually dies down just like with everything else.
My thinking exactly. It’s a car and this back and forth offsets a lot of the smoothness of the rest of the process imo. The other car companies are catching up and in some cases putting out superior products. It’ll be even more evident in a few years.

Reactions: ebNautilus
Same earlier and new EDD for me. I changed travel plans to keep the last week free incase VIN shows. At this rate I'm not sure.
****! I just remembered I have a trip to Mexico April 9-14, at the end of my new EDD window. If they give me pick up dates within the new EDD can I charge Tesla the cost of my flight and other expenses, because I for sure won't go on that trip.

Last edited:
So I called Tesla this afternoon. I told them I'm calling in to get a little direction since my EDD moved this morning from 3/19-31 to 3/31-4/14 and I have a family trip to booked for 4/9-14, at the end of the new EDD. I asked, "What happens if I leave and Tesla messages me to schedule a delivery when I'm gone." They said Tesla provides customers with a 72 hour window to pick up the vehicle and if it can't be picked up they will message someone else with the same order build to offer it to them. I then asked, "Will I then be placed at the front of the line for that same build?" They said I would be placed in line to take delivery of the same build only after someone else with that same build declines being able to pick it up themselves. Not a good position to be in.

All that said the rep said that even though my EDD moved to 3/31-4/14 this morning that his system shows that I'm still in line for an EOQ delivery "as long as the car has no major defects once it goes off the production line." If there are any defects found that require too much time to fix then that will certainly delay my delivery. He said that he'll put a note in my account that I will be travelling 4/9-14, but I told him to also include that I will skip that trip in case they want to delivery within that range.

On to the automated Tesla "Can you accept delivery in March" text. I told him I was curious, if his system shows I'm still in line for an EOQ delivery then why didn't I get the text many here got a few days ago? He claims their system automatically sent that text to people who's EDD was a "possible March" delivery or an EDD after March. Claims that their system has already selected many end of March deliveries and was probing their customer list further to find other individuals that were likely to take delivery by the EOQ, but by no means was that text a guarantee they would get a delivery even if they said yes, they could take delivery. Are there any people here that received the automated "Can you accept delivery in March" text even though their EDD at the time was after March?

Don't know if I believe the Tesla rep., but this is what he told me.

Last edited:
So I called Tesla this afternoon. I told them I'm calling in to get a little direction since my EDD moved this morning from 3/19-31 to 3/31-4/14 and I have a family trip to booked for 4/9-14, at the end of the new EDD. I asked, "What happens if I leave and Tesla messages me to schedule a delivery when I'm gone." They said Tesla provides customers with a 72 hour window to pick up the vehicle and if it can't be picked up they will message someone else with the same order build to offer it to them. I then asked, "Will I then be placed at the front of the line for that same build?" They said I would be placed in line to take delivery of the same build only after someone else with that same build declines being able to pick it up themselves. Not a good position to be in.

All that said the rep said that even though my EDD moved to 3/31-4/14 this morning that his system shows that I'm still in line for an EOQ delivery "as long as the car has no major defects once it goes off the production line." If there are any defects found that require too much time to fix then that will certainly delay my delivery. He said that he'll put a note in my account that I will be travelling 4/9-14, but I told him to also include that I will skip that trip in case they want to delivery within that range.

On to the automated Tesla "Can you accept delivery in March" text. I told him I was curious, if his system shows I'm still in line for an EOQ delivery then why didn't I get the text many here got a few days ago? He claims their system automatically sent that text to people who's EDD was a "possible March" delivery or an EDD after March. Claims that their system has already selected many end of March deliveries and was probing their customer list further to find other individuals that were likely to take delivery by the EOQ, but by no means was that text a guarantee they would get a delivery even if they said yes, they could take delivery. Are there any people here that received the automated "Can you accept delivery in March" text even though their EDD at the time was after March?

Don't know if I believe the Tesla rep., but this is what he told me.
Hello, does this mean the people who received the text more then likely aren't the "for sure" selective customers to receive their car by the end of EOQ? And only a possible candidate to get their car since they replied yes and will be put in a pool to select if the production line can produce extra cars?

Reactions: DrGriz
“your MARCH response was registered and delivery was changed by a week or two. It is still possible It is still available by end of March

This was the response after I texted and said what was the text and response MARCH for? I’m beyond pissed that 6th month will be on Monday, March 21.

At this time I probably need some hypertension medication because of this EDD saga. Testing my patience.

For those that have taken delivery of a September order- what is your premium connectivity subscription “trial” looking like? At one point I thought orders placed before a certain date in October 2021 (don’t recall the exact date) had a year free trial. Then after said date for orders- it became 30 days only. Now I cant find where I read that. :/
My 9/7 Order came with a one year free premium subscription.

My EDD was 3/19-3/31 with a text yesterday to confirm MARCH. Today is the 18th, I’m close to my EDD,then they pushed it back. This time it’s a 2 week window.
SA said that it is still possible to get it before 3/31.

Here’s my expectation: on 3/30 I will get a text again.
Whatever 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄it’s a circus game.
I had the same EDD as you but I only got pushed out by 3 days to 3/21 - 4/4. Either VIN before 21 or get pushed back again.

That sucks and should not be that way at all…sorry man! You should be at the front of the line for real

@night_fury - did you get the text?

Sorry to hear that. I absolutely understand your frustration.

While you shop for other cars you should leave your order in place--it doesn't cost anything to keep it alive and you might get surprised. At least you will have more choices by not burning your bridges. Once you make it through all of Tesla's BS it is a pretty amazing car.

Bullshit. You didn’t wait 6 months to give surrender now. Take it like a bit$h like the rest of us.
I finally got my VIN assigned 🥳 NF402XXX.

I didn't ask them if its AMD or not, i will take the delivery either way after 250 days of wait.

Thanks for all the folks that supported when tesla was providing shitty customer service. If any of you visit Seattle, drinks on me 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻.

EDD before VIN April 14 - May 12
EDD now: March 21 - March 29