Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been reading that people been changing to MYP, did you get for the current price or did they honor our Sept price?
They honored the September price. We were waiting for so long on MYLR. I got offered a MYP, not the color that I wanted but it was my 2nd choice so it’s ok.
I asked about the MYLR while picking up the car yesterday. They don’t have any and no answer when will it be available.
We’re happy with the outcome, cost us $6k more than what we were supposed to pay on MYLR. Overall, we are happy.
We have 1 year premium connectivity that’s included.
Most SA have the 3 and they can’t wait to upgrade to MYP.

Everyday they said they are busy, I concur! They have a lot of delivery, they also have the customers who ordered them since last year. It is like they are selling hot cakes! Lots of Tesla now in SoCal.
Good luck to everyone, you will be all smiles when you get your Tesla.

Congrats on getting the new ride!

I am also wondering with all of the LR to P switching does that make the queue shorter for existing LR holders or longer. How does the production planning work (each quarter or month determine how many MYPs vs LR to build, or is that more fluid based on current backlog and EOQ timing)?
What you can do is go to the Tesla Delivery Center, find out if they have an available MYP, just let them know that you are interested in switching. You can ask if they can put you on their list as soon as something becomes available. We were on 187 days waiting for MYLR. After 4 days, I got a text from the SA, they have an available MYP in White/Blk interior. I was told to reply if I wanted it. The following day, we picked up the car, the trade in went smoothly!
You can certainly try!

I am very grateful for this forum and for everyone's input. It was very, very helpful!

On Sunday, March 27, I switch my MYLR to MYP keeping the same price from September (see above for more info). I really didn't want a higher payment, but I just couldn't wait any longer.

I was scheduled to receive the vehicle on March 30th, but it arrived early and was delivered on the 29th. I didn't have a SA and don't know much about the double paned windows, etc, etc. I do know it has the AMD Ryzen chip. Also, I was able to keep the 1-year trial for the Premium Connectivity. Upon delivery, two of the rims were scuffed, the trim on one side was discolored/slightly off (could be removable film), and there was a scuff on the mirror. Other than that, it is great! I have already scheduled an appointment for those repairs.

I wish you all the best!!
Congrats! We did the same! It’s worth it.

After having my EDD repeatedly pushed back I called Tesla last Thursday, 3/24, to see if they had any Red Ys in stock. I lucked out to find they had a Performance with White Interior and no owner available. I asked the rep to change my MYLR order to this, kept September pricing and took delivery 5 days later this past Tuesday the 29th. I hope you all get your vehicles produced and delivered to you soon.

Looks fantastic, congrats! I’m waiting on my red MYLR and hope that comes in this quarter.

It’s gotten awfully quiet lately waiting for gigafest in Texas. Everyday I’m checking and no car updates at all and sawyers updates have all turned into stock updates. Painful waiting now that I’m getting close to 7 months.
It's quiet because I think most people that used to be here have gotten their cars and gone
Probably true! I, however, will be here until the bitter end. We can keep this thread alive. I’m stubborn enough to not give in to giving them even more money with the MYP upgrade. Any other fellow stubborn people here? 🤣

Reactions: bob00
I am very grateful for this forum and for everyone's input. It was very, very helpful!

On Sunday, March 27, I switch my MYLR to MYP keeping the same price from September (see above for more info). I really didn't want a higher payment, but I just couldn't wait any longer.

I was scheduled to receive the vehicle on March 30th, but it arrived early and was delivered on the 29th. I didn't have a SA and don't know much about the double paned windows, etc, etc. I do know it has the AMD Ryzen chip. Also, I was able to keep the 1-year trial for the Premium Connectivity. Upon delivery, two of the rims were scuffed, the trim on one side was discolored/slightly off (could be removable film), and there was a scuff on the mirror. Other than that, it is great! I have already scheduled an appointment for those repairs.

I wish you all the best!!
Nice! Looks like we have similar stories of ordering MSM MYLR in September and changing to MYP right before EOQ to get our cars before 3/31/22.

My MYP has some panel alignment issues which I've also scheduled an appointment for. After that, it's time for tint, PPF and ceramic coating... hoping to keep the car for 7-9 years. Will see if the 21" wheels need to be swapped at some point or if I can live with them.

See you on the road fellow MSM/black MYP in SoCal! =)

Reactions: djkimura and bob00
They honored the September price. We were waiting for so long on MYLR. I got offered a MYP, not the color that I wanted but it was my 2nd choice so it’s ok.
I asked about the MYLR while picking up the car yesterday. They don’t have any and no answer when will it be available.
We’re happy with the outcome, cost us $6k more than what we were supposed to pay on MYLR. Overall, we are happy.
We have 1 year premium connectivity that’s included.
Most SA have the 3 and they can’t wait to upgrade to MYP.

Everyday they said they are busy, I concur! They have a lot of delivery, they also have the customers who ordered them since last year. It is like they are selling hot cakes! Lots of Tesla now in SoCal.
Good luck to everyone, you will be all smiles when you get your Tesla.
Ended up paying just $2K more than my original order after dropping 7 seats and upgrade to 20" wheels on MYLR. Still would've preferred the MYLR but alas, Tesla deemed it not to be.

With respect to selling like hot cakes, I think I saw a report that the MY is the #2 best seller in CA after the Toyota Camry and the M3 is the #5 so Tesla isn't having any problems moving cars in CA.

Wasn't expecting to have a car till later based on MYLR EDD bumps but trying now to get accessories figured out after having gotten so comfortable in my last car of 9 years!

Reactions: Yoshismom
Ended up paying just $2K more than my original order after dropping 7 seats and upgrade to 20" wheels on MYLR. Still would've preferred the MYLR but alas, Tesla deemed it not to be.

With respect to selling like hot cakes, I think I saw a report that the MY is the #2 best seller in CA after the Toyota Camry and the M3 is the #5 so Tesla isn't having any problems moving cars in CA.

Wasn't expecting to have a car till later based on MYLR EDD bumps but trying now to get accessories figured out after having gotten so comfortable in my last car of 9 years!
Did you go with FSD since you are planning to keep the car for some time?

Probably true! I, however, will be here until the bitter end. We can keep this thread alive. I’m stubborn enough to not give in to giving them even more money with the MYP upgrade. Any other fellow stubborn people here? 🤣
+1
No MYP because we'll be sharing this car with our newly minted teenage drivers means...
- slower is better (if there's a way to lock their profiles on 'Chill' that will be great)
- 21" low sidewalls, curbs and new drivers don't mix - 19's please

Zero interest in FSD until it's as reliable as the driver assist features in the cars we have (TACC /w steering, lane change and auto-park).
Don't like feeling I'm being forced into paying for something I don't want so...
I'll be here until an LR is delivered as ordered (or discontinued) or @Antonius138 gets his - whichever happens last - lol

Did you go with FSD since you are planning to keep the car for some time?
No, FSD still isn't fully functional and while my a family member has it on a 2019 Tesla, not something that is of that much interest for me as my daily commute wouldn't even benefit that much from it.
+1
No MYP because we'll be sharing this car with our newly minted teenage drivers means...
- slower is better (if there's a way to lock their profiles on 'Chill' that will be great)
- 21" low sidewalls, curbs and new drivers don't mix - 19's please

Zero interest in FSD until it's as reliable as the driver assist features in the cars we have (TACC /w steering, lane change and auto-park).
Don't like feeling I'm being forced into paying for something I don't want so...
I'll be here until an LR is delivered as ordered (or discontinued) or @Antonius138 gets his - whichever happens last - lol
Maybe have the teenage drivers only drive in Valet mode? 😂 Since I'm hoping to keep the car 7-9 years... will likely have to figure that out in the latter part of those years!

Good luck with getting your MYLR! I gave up after Tesla bumped me to AUG-OCT for a base MYLR with an OD of 9/7/21.

Reactions: bob00

Please share accessories recommendations. We have a small dog and the Tesla dog liner is out of stock. I have not checked any other accessories.
We do have an appointment to do a ceramic pro.

No, FSD still isn't fully functional and while my a family member has it on a 2019 Tesla, not something that is of that much interest for me as my daily commute wouldn't even benefit that much from it.

Maybe have the teenage drivers only drive in Valet mode? 😂 Since I'm hoping to keep the car 7-9 years... will likely have to figure that out in the latter part of those years!

Good luck with getting your MYLR! I gave up after Tesla bumped me to AUG-OCT for a base MYLR with an OD of 9/7/21.
Valet mode! Now we're talking 😂.
This September group is fun - hope we are all served soon.
Enjoy your car, hope it serves you well 👍

Reactions: Antonius138
I am actually debating about going from the 20" to 19"wheels and saving money for the acceleration boost. I am guessing that will push back my EDD of 8/1-9/26. (OD: 9/13/2021)

Does anyone know if the acceleration boost is still an option for MYLR? Any chance any other Sept dates have tried downgrading their config?
Currently: MYLR5/Blue/20"/Tow Hitch/NO FSD

I am actually debating about going from the 20" to 19"wheels and saving money for the acceleration boost. I am guessing that will push back my EDD of 8/1-9/26. (OD: 9/13/2021)

Does anyone know if the acceleration boost is still an option for MYLR? Any chance any other Sept dates have tried downgrading their config?
Did you put a hold on your account? Your OD is 9/13 but edd is so far out.

My OD is 9/23 but my edd shows may 23 - june 27 now.

Yes of course acceleration boost is still an option.

Reactions: DrGriz