Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 9/27/21. Just got my 11th EDD change, moved forward 2 months after just moving back 2 months, really crazy. Now Estimated Delivery: April 28 - May 26. Problem is I'll be out of the country 4/22 to 5/14. So unless I get lucky I'll be gone. I can have my son pick it up if it looks like it will arrive before I get back, not sure how that works. Guess I'll go down to Tesla and discuss it with them. Sure dont want to cancel delivery and get pushed back to the end of the line after all this waiting. Any ideas?

Reactions: last2ndshot
OD: 9/27/21. Just got my 11th EDD change, moved forward 2 months after just moving back 2 months, really crazy. Now Estimated Delivery: April 28 - May 26. Problem is I'll be out of the country 4/22 to 5/14. So unless I get lucky I'll be gone. I can have my son pick it up if it looks like it will arrive before I get back, not sure how that works. Guess I'll go down to Tesla and discuss it with them. Sure dont want to cancel delivery and get pushed back to the end of the line after all this waiting. Any ideas?
Wait until you get a VIN and if you have to hold you won't go to the back of the line. Hopefully it works out and can be delivered while you are Not in the country.

Has anyone heard from their SA/Support of any major parts shortages? I have 19s on my build, but I saw much earlier in this thread that Tesla was having issues sourcing 19s. Not sure how true that is so figured I'd ask. I got the Rimetrix covers for a little more style, but will just opt for 20s if it leads to a quicker delivery.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Good to see a VIN but since it was just the one (that has been reported here) likely it was a cancel or something similar...here's to hoping someone in logistics takes pity on my unicorn and actually builds it this year...
I am guessing not a cancelled as they have a VIN and it is 4 days before start of EDD and no delivery date yet. So it’s probably leaving factory

Has anyone heard from their SA/Support of any major parts shortages? I have 19s on my build, but I saw much earlier in this thread that Tesla was having issues sourcing 19s. Not sure how true that is so figured I'd ask. I got the Rimetrix covers for a little more style, but will just opt for 20s if it leads to a quicker delivery.
SA told me that Tesla is having trouble getting 20s lol I have 20s on my build.

Feel like they’re just saying anything at this point

Reactions: Paintball22
I was wondering if upgrading from 19” to 20” would shorten the wait time, sounds like not really?
I think so, but each time you make a change you change your order date. If your willing to upgrade to 20” and were thinking of getting acceleration boost your only 1k away from a MYP, that will drastically move up your edd. Mine went from end of June-august to early April.

I think so, but each time you make a change you change your order date. If your willing to upgrade to 20” and were thinking of getting acceleration boost your only 1k away from a MYP, that will drastically move up your edd. Mine went from end of June-august to early April.

So many different opinions on this. Someone else here said it only changes EDD not OD

Last edited:
Reactions: Goleta