Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm from the October OD camp, nice to meet you all, I am stuck in September EDD jail, am wondering / trying to gain insights if how many on MYLR who ordered on September received their vetches yet?
I ordered end of September a MYLR7 but changed to a P to get it sooner. All was looking good with an April 4-18 EDD then BAM, slapped in the face with my current EDD of 6/28 - 8/9. Idk what I did or didn't do to take this long lol

Hi all,

I'm from the October OD camp, nice to meet you all, I am stuck in September EDD jail, am wondering / trying to gain insights if how many on MYLR who ordered on September received their vetches yet?
Hey cc - 'jail' (just month name w/o date range) might not be a bad place to be - usually means something is about to happen to your account. Tesla seems to use the customer visible EDD fields as some sort of internal scheduling status indicator - ie meaningless, useless to the customer but means something to them "to be pushed", "priority for this sprint" etc.

Hi all,

What was your prior EDD, if it was say April, it could be as @bob00 said and your account is going through recalculation.

If it’s been showing just a month with no dates for some time, something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.

It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.

These can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.

If both of these are already set as suggested and your EDD is pushed out, there are unconfirmed reports that expired insurance can also cause this. That is, if you have already uploaded it.

What was your prior EDD, if it was say April, it could be as @bob00 said and your account is going through recalculation.

If it’s been showing just a month with no dates for some time, something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.

It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.

These can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.

If both of these are already set as suggested and your EDD is pushed out, there are unconfirmed reports that expired insurance can also cause this. That is, if you have already uploaded it.
No, there's a date, August 15th - September 12th.

Not good but almost certain to change in the next little while. Assuming "fair" prioritization by order date (MYLR) if remaining Sept and Oct cars can't be cleared before Sept then any orders placed this year would be well into 2023/2024 - unrealistic, but again - assuming fair-enough prioritization.
Unsure, but I'm also expecting post September deliveries will be benefited by Austin ramp, so shorter wait times for them as well unless somehow demand is still faster than the ramp can ramp output.

Unsure, but I'm also expecting post September deliveries will be benefited by Austin ramp, so shorter wait times for them as well unless somehow demand is still faster than the ramp can ramp output.
You are assuming Austin will be building equivalent MYLR. It appears that is not happening so it would only help by existing LR holders switching to the Standard AWD model and new LR reservation holders not having as many orders in the same queue.

Order date was Sep. 23. MYLR white, black interior, induction wheels.
EDD just changed 2 days ago. Was April 24-May 8, now it's May 21-June 25.. it was at late March-early April for a really long time. Keeps getting pushed back. Annoyed because my current registration is due, but hoping the car will be delivered before I have to pay it, but doesn't seem that will happen
That sucks. Not ontk
Still waiting on early September order, June-august edd now.
This doesn't make sense! June-August EDD? and your car is not a unicorn

I personally got tired of getting pushed back. I switched my order to a MYP and had it delivered 5 days later.
Yeah... I like how they're over producing Ps hence you can get it so quickly, but under producing LR. Please stop playing games with us. It's no even about the money, I just want a smoother ride, longer range, & a lower insurance rate.

I think the issue is costs have gone up so much sinc
Yeah... I like how they're over producing Ps hence you can get it so quickly, but under producing LR. Please stop playing games with us. It's no even about the money, I just want a smoother ride, longer range, & a lower insurance rate.
I think the issue is that materials are less available (especially after Russia invaded Ukraine) and costs have gone up so much since September that it's not profitable for Tesla to produce orders that were received before October at pre-October prices. If you recall Tesla raised prices 3 times in October and twice in March. I think Tesla is still producing and delivering those older orders, but they are definitely prioritizing orders that have higher profit margins. Just my take on the situation.

Hi all,

Well, I suspect a good many of us on the East Coast fit this bill. I noticed most of the VINs received last 3 weeks of month were West coast, assumption being for revenue maximization and impending Austin production. I ordered 9/18, msm 20s tow blk interior. Am in So Florida. Current date is 4/29-5/27. Perhaps with Q1 numbers published company will turn its attention to working on the backlog of Sept MYLRs......Alexa just told me that today is my 201st day...

Well, I suspect a good many of us on the East Coast fit this bill. I noticed most of the VINs received last 3 weeks of month were West coast, assumption being for revenue maximization and impending Austin production. I ordered 9/18, msm 20s tow blk interior. Am in So Florida. Current date is 4/29-5/27. Perhaps with Q1 numbers published company will turn its attention to working on the backlog of Sept MYLRs......Alexa just told me that today is my 201st day...
I have an EDD of 4/28 - 5/12. I did have your EDD.... added FSD and my EDD changed to 4/12 - 4/25. Then last week it changed to my current EDD. At this point I give zero f&*#@ about the EDD. I just want my VIN. Because at the end of the day..... that is all that matters.

Reactions: BGOwner