Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this talk is making me nervous. I'm sitting on a 4/25-5/23 EDD and even though its only 5 days away I still don't have a VIN and it still being a 4 week EDD makes me think its going to move and not shrink.

I've been here before with a smaller window and still got pushed.

Hoping it stays put this time but I am not seeing anyone getting any VINs lately.

All this talk is making me nervous. I'm sitting on a 4/25-5/23 EDD and even though its only 5 days away I still don't have a VIN and it still being a 4 week EDD makes me think its going to move and not shrink.

Hoping it stays put this time but I am not seeing anyone getting any VINs lately.
I agree. I have had 2, 2 week windows and the 2 weeks keep moving further and further with no VIN. I did go from a 30 day window to my first 2 week window ..... 4 weeks ago 🤣 when I added FSD. So it was like having a 30 day window either way 🤷🏼‍♀️

Oh well such is life. I am already mentally ready for anything but 🙏 I wake up with a VIN in the morning.

I agree - I have the same EDD as you and no VIN.

Thank you. While I have seem similar descriptions before, yours does add a bit more color. However, Tesla's "estimates" still fail to be estimates. An estimate needs to be in the ballpark and Tesla is frequently out in the parking lot or well down the highway. Perhaps EDD is just as poorly named as Autopilot or Full Self Driving as neither of those items truly/fully provide what their names describe either. Just as Tesla needs reasonably accurate estimates from its suppliers Tesla's customers need reasonably accurate EDDs. Not EDDs that shift backwards and forwards by months multiple times before delivery. Furthermore part of this chaos is of Tesla's own creation and has nothing to with supply chains, cancelations, or rejected vehicles. Tesla didn't have to pop new orders with FSD to the front of the line ahead of people who'd already been waiting months. Tesla does not have to do the mad end of quarter scrambles reallocating VINs they don't think will be delivered in time. Tesla didn't have to open GigaTeaxs with a model that will do nothing to address their backlog anytime soon. Tesla does these things for Tesla and Tesla's bottom line. As a shareholder I can understand the benefit. I'll keep my shares, but I am starting to wonder if I should remain a customer. Obviously Tesla gets A LOT right or we wouldn't be trying to buy their cars. However, Tesla customer service is awful. EDD is BROKEN, buying a used Tesla from Tesla has been broken for years, and parts and service centers are already overwhelmed in my area (3 weeks in the shop to replace tie rods on my Model S!?!). Right now the bottom line says that Tesla can have crappy service. The competition isn't quite there yet and the demand shows that people aren't fed up and walking away yet. This blessed state of grace won't last forever though.
They seem to treat it as a status flag for running their internal business - may be useful internally but as an estimate (customer communication) it's less than useless and a waste of time - April > Feb > June > March > May > March > May == aggravating time wasting whiplash. They should advise customers not to look at this rubbish, just wait to be contacted with a VIN and that it could be a while.

Reactions: Silence88
I think the communication from legacy dealerships goes like this: "It'll be 6 months or more until you get your car. We'll let you know when it arrives." No EDD drama or transparency.
This sounds exactly what Tesla is doing if you don't keep checking on EDD. I'm sure the stealerships have the same EDD drama, they just don't show it to the consumer.

I really wish i hadn't ordered this stupid car and just gone for a hybrid before all this crazy shortages and markups. Now im stuck with a V8 till f***ing Tesla decides to stop ignoring cheaper orders placed before price hike.
What is the point of paying a reseryif its just gonna be ignored.😡😡😡

Reactions: ksupilot