Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, I'm signing off the September orders thread with well-wishes for everybody. I'm sure your MYs are coming soon. There were 12 MYs waiting for pickup when we showed up for our appointment today—all colors, only one MYP—along with several 3s, an X and two S. The vehicles are moving.

Here's an obligatory picture of the new configuration for the filthy garage as well as a shot of most of the cars that were getting prepped during our pickup.
Untitled.png
deliverie.jpg

Hang tough for the final stretch!

Can you have them check my order too 🤣

What does a soft match look like? Like how do they know you ha e been soft matched?
When I asked them to pull my account I asked if there was a VIN. They said no but it has a soft match and I peeked over and sure enough it said “soft match.” I don’t have a vin but I was told it’s the step between a general order and a vin. Will see what happens…

Reactions: Jdizzl11
When I asked them to pull my account I asked if there was a VIN. They said no but it has a soft match and I peeked over and sure enough it said “soft match.” I don’t have a vin but I was told it’s the step between a general order and a vin. Will see what happens…
Thanks!! We have almost identical EDDs. Yours is shorter than mine 🤗 what is your build amd OD. Sorry if you have said this before.

I seriously don’t want to rain on anyones parade but I have had 3-5 soft matches including two actual build dates that have come and gone. Just want to keep everyone informed. There is NO rhyme or reason to this process. I ordered on September 2nd 2021 and even though I ordered a 7 seater which is more rare, I can’t count how many people who ordered after me are now driving their cars. The SA’s have NO insight into the build process. Yes everything is built in batches and they do have a loose process of how they go about it but there is no science or fairness to the process at all…

I seriously don’t want to rain on anyones parade but I have had 3-5 soft matches including two actual build dates that have come and gone. Just want to keep everyone informed. There is NO rhyme or reason to this process. I ordered on September 2nd 2021 and even though I ordered a 7 seater which is more rare, I can’t count how many people who ordered after me are now driving their cars. The SA’s have NO insight into the build process. Yes everything is built in batches and they do have a loose process of how they go about it but there is no science or fairness to the process at all…
I completely agree. That is why I am not getting hopes up until I have a VIN in hand. And even then it can't be certain.

I completely agree. That is why I am not getting hopes up until I have a VIN in hand. And even then it can't be certain.
I brought my wife with today. She was excited to schedule a time. When we got back in the car to leave I told her: "There are stories of VINs being pulled after assignment." She asked if I'd be depressed if that happened and I thought...Nah. It's been over 200 days. They can't hold it forever, and there are fewer days to come than days that have passed.

We also test drove the BMW i4 today. It was WOW. So excited that some really good options are on the market now. Tesla, though, has a special place in my heart. I remember the day the first Model S was delivered; I determined I'd have a Tesla. This Model Y will be the culmination of that decade-long dream, once thought impossible. 6 months ain't nothin'. :)