Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Ordered on 10/22/2021
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Tow Hitch

The initial delivery window was mid Feb 22 to mid Mar 22
Then, once the first day of the window above came, it moved to a 15 day window in the first half of Apr
Today, the first day of the window above, it moved to a 30 day window from mid Apr to mid May
Then, once the first day of the window above came, it moved to a 15 day window from May 2nd to May 16th
Today, the first day of the window above, it moved to a 30 day window from May 23rd to June 20th

Is this normal? Has anyone ever been thru a cycle of ever postponing delivery dates with varying window ranges?
Hate to admit it but this seems to be the norm lately. I ordered a similar build (only difference is White paint) on 9/23/21 and my EDD says May 9 - June 6.

I am! So frustrated. According to my SA, the car has arrived yesterday but it is missing parts. Mine is blue/white. Locate in Boston. Also the EDD has been pushed out from May 10 - May 14 to May 16 - May 20:rolleyes::rolleyes:😭😭 Anyone has any idea about the whereabouts of these parts?
Also in same boat. Its a self diagnostic port or something, they need it in the vehicle to deliver it do to some law. No ETA on when they will be in though.

Yeah, we could all make some money if we wanted to sell our September ordered cars and wait ANOTHER 7 months😁.

Just got the text to schedule delivery. Selected this Friday, May 6. No mention yet of any “parts delay.” So I think it’s finally happening!
They won't even attempt to schedule delivery for me til the part is in, so if you have a delivery scheduled, it's not missing anything important.

They won't even attempt to schedule delivery for me til the part is in, so if you have a delivery scheduled, it's not missing anything important.
That's not true. they called me 2 hours before I was going to pick it up saying my car wasn't ready and that it was missing something. Now I'm just in a holding pattern with my car waiting at the service center.

That's all they do is change!

Unfortunately yes - it is an erratic progression - try to ignore it until the range gets really small (less than 14 days) then maybe pay attention - frustrating otherwise.
Ok. I just noticed, now that I'm accessing TMC via a desktop web browser (and not on the phone). This is actually very common, most users add their changes of delivery dates in their profile signature 😅

MYLR Ordered on 10/22/2021
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Tow Hitch

The initial delivery window was mid Feb 22 to mid Mar 22
Then, once the first day of the window above came, it moved to a 15 day window in the first half of Apr
Today, the first day of the window above, it moved to a 30 day window from mid Apr to mid May
Then, once the first day of the window above came, it moved to a 15 day window from May 2nd to May 16th
Today, the first day of the window above, it moved to a 30 day window from May 23rd to June 20th

Is this normal? Has anyone ever been thru a cycle of ever postponing delivery dates with varying window ranges?
Yes, look at my signature below. EDD’s we’re all over the place and changed 13 times.

Also in same boat. Its a self diagnostic port or something, they need it in the vehicle to deliver it do to some law. No ETA on when they will be in though.
There's a Reddit thread talking about it. According to that thread, the missing part is the charge port ECU. They can't release the car without the missing part because the car cannot charge without it.

• Helpful
Reactions: OmbreCake
Just got off the phone with Tesla and SUPPOSEDLY, my baby has left Cali and is on the way to me!!!

She said it is looking like May 8th!!! 🤞🤞🤞 that is true!!!!
I texted with my delivery person who has been messaging me about uploading insurance and they said my car is in route. It should get to Austin on May 6th! It's going to be a tease though since it's going straight to the shop for PPF and tint.

Hello from the November waiting room. 👋🏻 Got a text about a trade in, how long did it take for a trade in #, and how much longer for a VIN? If any of you beautiful, successful people who have received your car still visit us plebs?

Hello from the November waiting room. 👋🏻 Got a text about a trade in, how long did it take for a trade in #, and how much longer for a VIN? If any of you beautiful, successful people who have received your car still visit us plebs?
Once they updated the app to show the trade in option, I received my offer (which I declined) about 48 hrs. after I submitted the info.