Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You panel must be in the garage. Consider your self lucky.

BTW i saw instructional videos on how they install the whole thing, it looks really easy. I am tempted to do it myself but the fact that its such high current scares me lol
It's better to have studied or electrical engineering. If there is a problem, it's a big problem.😗
Is my DIY 😆

ttt.png

It's better to have studied or electrical engineering. If there is a problem, it's a big problem.😗
Is my DIY 😆

View attachment 800052
Yup, that seems to be why they are able to charge what they charge because you either get it right or you have a big problem and risk of fire. I could still do it my self and have it inspected by an electrician or the county.

Good job on yours, looks great!

Reactions: Chris.Yang
Yup, that seems to be why they are able to charge what they charge because you either get it right or you have a big problem and risk of fire. I could still do it my self and have it inspected by an electrician or the county.

Good job on yours, looks great!
That board looks awsome....nice job!
Thank you.
You can't guess that I took this board off the shelf of my daughter's Sesame Street.
On the opposite side are Sesame Street biscuit monsters and big birds picture.... lol
:p

Was there any way on app or desktop to see the trade in being bugged?

I'm a July 27th order. this was exactly my issue. I noticed the issue in November when my EDD got pushed to Feb/march. I reached out to multiple people who all told me everything was fine. I wasn't until I removed my trade in that everything was pushed through. I bitched and showed Tesla multiple emails from different employees telling me everything was fine and that my order was processed. I was able to finally get an escalation and then 2 months later got a VIN. So I'm 5 months past where I'm supposed to be.

My delivery date was scheduled for Friday 4/29 at 1pm. at 10 am I got a call saying it wouldn't be ready at 1pm and that they would call me later. They did not, finally got a hold of them on Saturday and they said "Tesla has asked us to hold onto these for another week". So I assume it's missing a part, no idea when I'm going to get it, delivery is currently scheduled for Sunday, so that's probably not real.

I'm a model 3 owner. That delivery processes was also terrible in 2019. Through my ownership I have yet to have a single good interaction with Tesla, especially my local delivery/ service center. My advice to people is to not drive yourself crazy, 6 months after you get your car you're not going to care about the extra month or week it took to get there (my 5 months on the other hand... actually upped my trade in value...). Do not make plans after you get your delivery date (for example, delivery on Friday, road trip on Saturday), you're going to be disappointed. Don't sell your current car until after you get your Tesla (trade in not included) unless you're willing to be carless for 2 weeks. Staring at EDD's is just going to drive yourself crazy, add expectations and let you down. Tesla employees take the joy out of buying their cars, it's like they have the power to cancel Christmas, and they don't get paid enough to care. Forget you ordered the car, you'll get it eventually, and you'll feel a lot better when it actually is yours if you don't put 1000 pounds of excitement on top of the order that gets deflated with every single Tesla mistake.

I'm a July 27th order. this was exactly my issue. I noticed the issue in November when my EDD got pushed to Feb/march. I reached out to multiple people who all told me everything was fine. I wasn't until I removed my trade in that everything was pushed through. I bitched and showed Tesla multiple emails from different employees telling me everything was fine and that my order was processed. I was able to finally get an escalation and then 2 months later got a VIN. So I'm 5 months past where I'm supposed to be.

My delivery date was scheduled for Friday 4/29 at 1pm. at 10 am I got a call saying it wouldn't be ready at 1pm and that they would call me later. They did not, finally got a hold of them on Saturday and they said "Tesla has asked us to hold onto these for another week". So I assume it's missing a part, no idea when I'm going to get it, delivery is currently scheduled for Sunday, so that's probably not real.

I'm a model 3 owner. That delivery processes was also terrible in 2019. Through my ownership I have yet to have a single good interaction with Tesla, especially my local delivery/ service center. My advice to people is to not drive yourself crazy, 6 months after you get your car you're not going to care about the extra month or week it took to get there (my 5 months on the other hand... actually upped my trade in value...). Do not make plans after you get your delivery date (for example, delivery on Friday, road trip on Saturday), you're going to be disappointed. Don't sell your current car until after you get your Tesla (trade in not included) unless you're willing to be carless for 2 weeks. Staring at EDD's is just going to drive yourself crazy, add expectations and let you down. Tesla employees take the joy out of buying their cars, it's like they have the power to cancel Christmas, and they don't get paid enough to care. Forget you ordered the car, you'll get it eventually, and you'll feel a lot better when it actually is yours if you don't put 1000 pounds of excitement on top of the order that gets deflated with every single Tesla mistake.
I hear you, the trade in issue got me in January when I came off of hold. Date kept getting kicked and then I went from March EDD to June - July. I removed the trade and did the same as you, called Tesla and they filed an escalation which moved me back to April. On a good note, at least we are getting Ryzen chips and new 15V battery.

Reactions: Chris.Yang
I hear you, the trade in issue got me in January when I came off of hold. Date kept getting kicked and then I went from March EDD to June - July. I removed the trade and did the same as you, called Tesla and they filed an escalation which moved me back to April. On a good note, at least we are getting Ryzen chips and new 15V battery.
Yeah, And I already own a Tesla, so it's not going to be game changing to go from the 3 to the Y, that really helped ground my expectations after it felt like Christmas was cancelled on Friday. I then also realized that the issues I've had were never actually that bad (like my 2019 experience), but the issue has always been Tesla's communication. Calling me at 10am to tell me my car would not be ready at 1pm, still makes me think it will be ready that day... So I left the whole day open, and Saturday. and had no way of contacting them as they were getting closer to closing. If they had told me on Thursday "Hey, these came from Fremont missing a part so we need to install them before we can get you your car". I'm sure I would have reacted much differently than a call at 10am saying my car "failed inspection".

Reactions: advocate8
I don't know... I have been on the dreaded once a day push since April 25th when my Y actually arrived at the delivery center.
I don't know how long the train from CA takes, and then the truck from AL. Bookman and I have the same build, headed to DCs about 250 miles apart. As of this AM, I was told <insert grain of salt here> that mine was "In Transport". My assumption is that his is in close proximity. I do hope it's at the DC though!