Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN as expected today. EDD moved up to 5/6 to 5/9. I don't return home until 5/14. Not gonna work! Called Tesla dealer to see if I can get home delivery and return signed paperwork when I return, or delay my delivery until 5/15 and I can pick it up then. As expected this decision was above his pay grade and he will have to reach out and get back to me. Seems like everyone wants to "reach out" these days, what ever that means. My guess is someone else will be getting my car. WTF

@Curious Nomad

I was just at East Sahara. They had multiple white MY with Gemini wheels and black seats. One is probably yours. Looks like they’re ready to go.

I asked about mine. They said it’s in the back lot waiting for a part install. Ironically the lot staff admitted that the newly arriving cars are ready for delivery, mine just isn’t one of them. They’re delivering VINs in the 436xxx range. Looks like everyone in the 423-426xxx range is still waiting.

I’m sure they’ll hold your VIN, especially since you already paid for the car.

Disappointment.

@Curious Nomad

I was just at East Sahara. They had multiple white MY with Gemini wheels and black seats. One is probably yours. Looks like they’re ready to go.

I asked about mine. They said it’s in the back lot waiting for a part install. Ironically the lot staff admitted that the newly arriving cars are ready for delivery, mine just isn’t one of them. They’re delivering VINs in the 436xxx range. Looks like everyone in the 423-426xxx range is still waiting.

I’m sure they’ll hold your VIN, especially since you already paid for the car.

Disappointment.
Hope so. Mine is 438xxx. I brought the Cachiers check to them (East Sahara) before we left, but they refused to accept it even though they had agreed to do so over the phone before I went down there. The guy I had spoken to on phone was not there and the guy I tried to leave the check with said he could not do it without a VIN. My son can deliver the check to them. My car has the white/black interior. I did ask today if they can just hold the car on the lot until I get back. Part of the problem is everytime I call I get a different person, first guy was Josh, this guy is Cody, and the one before that was someone else. When I go to the "Schedule Your Delivery Page" it actually shows only 2 days that I can pick up the car, 5/7 and 5/9. Not sure if that means the car is already on the lot or what. Lot looked pretty big when I was there, seems like they ought to be able to hold it a week. Oh well....

Talked to a SA today and my Renton, WA location denied the escalation of my delivery even though customers in my area are getting theirs even with the fact that their OD was after mine. He said there was no ryhme or reason for it either! Then I talked to a in person SA at thr Renton location and asked if I added FSD it would dramatically up delivery time but then said "DONT DO IT! It's not worth it, waiting is better. You might even get one from Texas if you wait."
Then my delivery date jumped to Aug 11- Sept 22. So far away still!

Talked to a SA today and my Renton, WA location denied the escalation of my delivery even though customers in my area are getting theirs even with the fact that their OD was after mine. He said there was no ryhme or reason for it either! Then I talked to a in person SA at thr Renton location and asked if I added FSD it would dramatically up delivery time but then said "DONT DO IT! It's not worth it, waiting is better. You might even get one from Texas if you wait."
Then my delivery date jumped to Aug 11- Sept 22. So far away still!
Yep, almost same build except 19 inch wheels, white interior, east coast & ordered a month later, but am seeing lots of people with my order date time frame & my build getting deliveries. At least you know about the escalation, mine just say doing all they can.

Browsing the Tesla website and noticed that the 7 seating layout is no longer an option. Humm. I’m a 7 seater and my EDD continues to get pushed. Currently 7/8-8/18. This sucks! Additionally, current estimated delivery on the website is June-Aug if you ordered today. I order September 17th and I don’t even have a June EDD any longer.

• Disagree
Reactions: SeanB-Model3
Browsing the Tesla website and noticed that the 7 seating layout is no longer an option. Humm. I’m a 7 seater and my EDD continues to get pushed. Currently 7/8-8/18. This sucks! Additionally, current estimated delivery on the website is June-Aug if you ordered today. I order September 17th and I don’t even have a June EDD any longer.
You had performance selected.

A new LR order is Nov-feb, and still has a 7 seat option

I hear you, the trade in issue got me in January when I came off of hold. Date kept getting kicked and then I went from March EDD to June - July. I removed the trade and did the same as you, called Tesla and they filed an escalation which moved me back to April. On a good note, at least we are getting Ryzen chips and new 15V battery.
How do you 'remove the trade'? I had a prior trade quote, but after the 30 days expired it disappeared....

EDD change for me today. From May 10 - May 24 to May 23 - June 6 ouch!😥

EDD change for me today. From May 10 - May 24 to May 23 - June 6 ouch!😥
Am also East Coast. OD was 9/18. Same build except 5 seater and black interior. My EDD also moved out today, from 5/14-28 to 5/27-6/10. June date gives one a slight quiver, since East Coast probably will see zero cars last month of a qtr. We're pushing 8 months.........and on it goes..........................

So my crazy EDD adventure continues. Literally got a VIN yesterday and today got a text and my car is set for Delivery in 2 days. Thursday at 5:30pm. So I got 2 days to get all my business in order. Trade in, Finance, and Insurance. Just over the weekend, i was expecting another push.
That means someone passed on the delivery or wasn't able to get it for misc reasons and you were next in line. Lucky you!