Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate that it is taking so long for everyone. They push you to get insurance and then you end up paying for two weeks of insurance for nothing.
I took the car off my insurance. It isn’t mine yet and I have no idea when they are actually going to deliver the car. Once I have an actual appointment to pick up the vehicle I’ll insure it again.

Last edited:
So on today's saga of where is my Tesla.... I made my daily call and they said it is showing in transit and I would know by the 14th if my May 16th appointment still stands 🙄 if it gets changed it will be changed to the 26th of May.

I just can't with this BS anymore. I was told I would only get a text when it was in Alabama. If it is showing in transit does that mean it has left Alabama?

Tampa is the worst! My SA barely responds. No one works at the DC. Just frustrating. My check is only good for 30 days (I think). May 25th will be exactly 30 days since I got a VIN.

I am just so over it.

So on today's saga of where is my Tesla.... I made my daily call and they said it is showing in transit and I would know by the 14th if my May 16th appointment still stands 🙄 if it gets changed it will be changed to the 26th of May.

I just can't with this BS anymore. I was told I would only get a text when it was in Alabama. If it is showing in transit does that mean it has left Alabama?

Tampa is the worst! My SA barely responds. No one works at the DC. Just frustrating. My check is only good for 30 days (I think). May 25th will be exactly 30 days since I got a VIN.

I am just so over it.
You are exactly where some of us are since 04/26. Earlier EDD did not mean anything but now it looks like VIN assignment does not mean sh**. Even setting the delivery date is not a guarantee since Tesla has moved date 2 hours before scheduled delivery (not my experience but someone did mention this last week).

SA's are totally useless since they don't have any information and always respond with some scripted message. It's either the car is in transit, or parts hold and they have no idea where a particular reservation stands. All cars and parts can be tracked. There is no way Tesla is not tracking cars and/or parts in transit. They know it, but they don't to be transparent (definitely not to customers once the order is placed).

I have two different SA's promise me that they will reach out to the DC and at least try getting some information on if the parts are available for installation. Never heard back. My morning ritual is to text Tesla 510-xxx-xxxx number asking for some information and I have always received the same response "Telsa will reach out directly. We do not have an ETA yet."

It is comparatively easier to cancel/move insurance further out but not as easy for folks who are financing outside of Tesla or those who are selling/trading-in vehicles.

@Jdizzl11 I am not sure whom are you financing with, but most checks are valid for 90-180 days (depends on the business or unless it has an explicit expiry date). Also with DCU, folks wont make their first payment for 60 days.

Reactions: Jdizzl11
Yep! Exact same narrative. Mt. Kisco told me the week of may 16th and actually allowed me to schedule delivery for the 16th.

I called yesterday and they said “it is still expected to be ready next week.”

It’s annoying because they have allowed me to schedule a delivery date twice so I’ve had to get ask Geico to change the coverage start date and reschedule the closing date with my credit union since both dates have to match up.

Did they allow you to schedule a delivery day for next week?
They just updated today that the car is now ready for pickup and offered only 2 days- I picked Friday the 13th lol, hopefully won't be a nightmare!

I don't really care for minor defects, but any good short checklist ppl could recommend to go through at time of delivery?!

I can't really get a good sense of why there was such a long delay (my prior model 3 experience at Mt Kisco was less drama than this)

@Lukeg5 I think you should be in good place to get delivery early next week

I am just so over it.
Hang in there. We are here for you to lean on. Gripe here, we will listen

I am just so over it.
I like your proactive, determination, & engagement, may you be my Tesla SA? I would like a SA who constantly checks in on me and provide me with updates even when it's little sometimes. My current SA never does that.

I'm heading to my DC tomorrow to ask questions in person. Sick of not getting answers. My EDD moved to May 3 - 7, so I sold my car. Since May 3rd, the date updates at 10 AM ET and moves a day back - day by day. No idea when I'll get my Model Y. Judging by how long it's taking to get parts and this Shanghai shutdown, it could be another month.

They just updated today that the car is now ready for pickup and offered only 2 days- I picked Friday the 13th lol, hopefully won't be a nightmare!

I don't really care for minor defects, but any good short checklist ppl could recommend to go through at time of delivery?!

I can't really get a good sense of why there was such a long delay (my prior model 3 experience at Mt Kisco was less drama than this)

My SA told me to pick Smithtown instead of Mt Kisco. And I am picking up tomorrow.

Reactions: 3toY22 and Jdizzl11
You are exactly where some of us are since 04/26. Earlier EDD did not mean anything but now it looks like VIN assignment does not mean sh**. Even setting the delivery date is not a guarantee since Tesla has moved date 2 hours before scheduled delivery (not my experience but someone did mention this last week).

SA's are totally useless since they don't have any information and always respond with some scripted message. It's either the car is in transit, or parts hold and they have no idea where a particular reservation stands. All cars and parts can be tracked. There is no way Tesla is not tracking cars and/or parts in transit. They know it, but they don't to be transparent (definitely not to customers once the order is placed).

I have two different SA's promise me that they will reach out to the DC and at least try getting some information on if the parts are available for installation. Never heard back. My morning ritual is to text Tesla 510-xxx-xxxx number asking for some information and I have always received the same response "Telsa will reach out directly. We do not have an ETA yet."

It is comparatively easier to cancel/move insurance further out but not as easy for folks who are financing outside of Tesla or those who are selling/trading-in vehicles.

@Jdizzl11 I am not sure whom are you financing with, but most checks are valid for 90-180 days (depends on the business or unless it has an explicit expiry date). Also with DCU, folks wont make their first payment for 60 days.
Thanks for this info! If my delivery date does get pushed I was going to call DCU to make sure the check will still be good.

I mean I am spending 72k you would at least think I could know where my car is. Elon invented Starlink and your telling me there isn't a tracker on my 72k car?! Come on now ..... I am smarter than that!

I'm heading to my DC tomorrow to ask questions in person. Sick of not getting answers. My EDD moved to May 3 - 7, so I sold my car. Since May 3rd, the date updates at 10 AM ET and moves a day back - day by day. No idea when I'll get my Model Y. Judging by how long it's taking to get parts and this Shanghai shutdown, it could be another month.
Same exact situation with me. 10am everyday it pushes one more day. It is so frustrating especially when @qunlin702 has the exact same build, got a VIN the same day and lives in the same state receives their car but I'm still in this weird limbo where my SA isn't giving me straight answers and says car should be ready to pick up at the end of next week. I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintball22
I don’t think they mnow
Same exact situation with me. 10am everyday it pushes one more day. It is so frustrating especially when @qunlin702 has the exact same build, got a VIN the same day and lives in the same state receives their car but I'm still in this weird limbo where my SA isn't giving me straight answers and says car should be ready to pick up at the end of next week. I'm not holding my breath.
my sa is in california and I am in ny. I never really gotten any useful info from my sa.

Is there any phone number where you can find someone helpful to answer ? Is “escalation” a thing ?

My sa told me all he can do is flag it for “production matching team”. I don’t know if it’s a scripted response or not.

Here’s the checklist I used.

Reactions: 3toY22