Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MYLR on March 01 2022
Initial EDD was DecXXX 2022
then a month ago it moves to March-June of 2023
Couple days ago it moves back to Dec2022-Jan2023

So something is going on, Maybe Tesla now can increase its production rate. I am from Wilmington DE so most likely Austin TX will manufacture this car?

Enjoy your

Reactions: MemoY
I was given a Oct-Dec EDD earlier this month after being in the June jail for several months. Bit the bullet and upgraded to FSD on 6/21. A week later my EDD moved way up, as you can see in my signature.

I read a good number of stories where people waiting a long time had upgraded to FSD, got a VIN within two weeks and delivery in about a month's time after making the upgrade. A few cancelled FSD in the days before delivery with no negative repercussions. Stay tuned!

Reactions: michaelb11
I was given a Oct-Dec EDD earlier this month after being in the June jail for several months. Bit the bullet and upgraded to FSD on 6/21. A week later my EDD moved way up, as you can see in my signature.

I read a good number of stories where people waiting a long time had upgraded to FSD, got a VIN within two weeks and delivery in about a month's time after making the upgrade. A few cancelled FSD in the days before delivery with no negative repercussions. Stay tuned!
Your planning on removing it before hand then?

Your planning on removing it before hand then?
Yes, that's the plan. I am of the opinion that my original order would never be delivered at -$11k to Tesla vs an order placed today without making a significant $$ upgrade to Performance or FSD. Once I get a VIN and close in on the delivery date I'll try to remove FSD. I want to pay the amount I agreed to back in Sept so I feel like I have no choice but to play my own game or be delayed and delayed until I give up and cancel. Can't say I'm exactly confident about it working out but I don't have much to lose at this point. I'll provide updates as things unfold.

Yes, that's the plan. I am of the opinion that my original order would never be delivered at -$11k to Tesla vs an order placed today without making a significant $$ upgrade to Performance or FSD. Once I get a VIN and close in on the delivery date I'll try to remove FSD. I want to pay the amount I agreed to back in Sept so I feel like I have no choice but to play my own game or be delayed and delayed until I give up and cancel. Can't say I'm exactly confident about it working out but I don't have much to lose at this point. I'll provide updates as things unfold.
Yea I'm kind of starting to feel the same. I just don't want to put it on and then get stuck with it.

it sure is quiet here. Sept is still a long way away :(..
No EDD updates for the last 3 weeks.. wish there was something I could do that doesn't involve 21" rims.

I noticed yesterday that mine has changed again, like the 3rd time in the last 2-4 weeks or so. You can see the ranges in my signature below, but this last one went from a 4-week to a 2-week by narrowing one week on each side. Now July 21 - Aug. 4.

I think I might be last... went from "June" to now showing nothing.

I was fine with waiting because we had an M3 but now that that's sold I'm getting a bit worried.

Model Y.jpg

And i thought i was the only one still waiting on my Order from Sept 2021.

ORDERED: Model Y LR, 7 seats and upgraded wheels.

EDD: july 14 to aug 11 😞
I ordered a Pearl White Model Y Long Range AWD 5-seaters in Dublin (Bay Area, Northern California) on September 17, 2021.
After several 'updates', the 'Delivery Window' has been pushed to August 11-September 22, 2022 with pickup in Fremont !

the most irritating thing is that there are january and december orders already delivered. just boggles the mind.
I cannot understand it AT ALL. What earthly reason could there be for this long a delay? Even the most arcane configurations have been delivered already (and it’s not like there’s a plethora of options). It’s as if some September orders have fallen through a crack in the delivery algorithm. Ugh. I hope Tesla closes the book on September orders soon! Even people that made the mistake of putting holds on their orders hoping for the tax credit have gotten deliveries.

Reactions: bluewhite79
I cannot understand it AT ALL. What earthly reason could there be for this long a delay? Even the most arcane configurations have been delivered already (and it’s not like there’s a plethora of options). It’s as if some September orders have fallen through a crack in the delivery algorithm. Ugh. I hope Tesla closes the book on September orders soon! Even people that made the mistake of putting holds on their orders hoping for the tax credit have gotten deliveries.
Profit makes a company do strange things.

Your car doesn’t bring enough of it so they squeeze in September as October orders when they can.