Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Server is under maintenance. Please try again later."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my Tesla app when trying to sign into it:

"Sign-In Failed
Server is under maintenance. Please
try again later."

IMG_1546.PNG

I hope that is exactly what it says. I searched for it on TMC and on the Internet and found nothing. So: is anyone else getting that right now? Does anybody's work?

• Funny
Reactions: CyberShy
Yep. ‘Unknown error’ if logged in. If you logout it’s worse. Ignore ‘unknown error’ and never log out for this as it’s always a Tesla error. Just try later.

If you have an actual issue with the app you might try logging out and in but ‘unknown error’ is their servers are having an issue. Seen it about 10 times in the past several years.

They added the ‘maintenance’ message for logins to stop all the phone calls once when they were down for over a day on the weekend.

Edit: oh oh; now ‘unknown error’ when logged on has changed to ‘maintenance’ also. May be a while!

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Thank you four! Too bad it's happening to anyone, but given that it is already happening, I'm glad it's not just me in some personal vortex, so they will likely decide to fix it for everyone.

It's noteworthy that everyone reported a slightly different manifestation of the issue because everyone had slightly different stages and/or levels of cache data in place when they tried the app and tried it from slightly different angles. It kind of shows how the error propagates through the codebase in case we have to divine another thing like this in the future. Probably many apps are like this these days.

I have a new error: it says my sign on information is incorrect. That might be progress or might not be. I am able to log into the web page of my Tesla-dot-com account. Also, my stats direct from my Powerwall Gateway via my LAN continue unabated, and the Gateway web page works as before.

Last edited:
Were you having problems with your app yesterday?
My app worked fine yesterday. A decent question is what time I last used it and when yours failed. I used it pretty early.

I have an update to report on another thread about being able to upgrade my account to use Time Based Control (TBC), since support emailed me today at 8:37AM P.T. telling me I can use it if I log out of my Tesla app and log in again. Unfortunately, I have not been able to confirm that due to the error I received above, and don't want to litter that thread with this irrelevant information. I know for sure that yesterday I was able to look at the Tesla Powerwall information via the IOS app without any problem, since I used it in a family training session having to do with how the new car they have uses electricity when it is charging its battery. I don't recall if I looked at fresh information in the app this morning; probably not. I lucked out that today's failure didn't interrupt yesterday's training session.

I came here now for the same reason. Can't log in to my Tesla Energy page to see my solar and PW status. And I can't get information about the car from the app. The proximity key still works to unlock the car. But everything that goes through Tesla's server is unavailable. This is both using the app on my phone and logging in with a browser on my desktop computer.

I wanted to see how much power my clothes dryer was pulling. No luck. Can't see it. My Solar Edge site works, but does not give me present-moment power draw. Just total power in 15-minute segments, or by the day, week, or month.

My app worked fine yesterday. A decent question is what time I last used it and when yours failed. I used it pretty early.

I have an update to report on another thread about being able to upgrade my account to use Time Based Control (TBC), since support emailed me today at 8:37AM P.T. telling me I can use it if I log out of my Tesla app and log in again. Unfortunately, I have not been able to confirm that due to the error I received above, and don't want to litter that thread with this irrelevant information. I know for sure that yesterday I was able to look at the Tesla Powerwall information via the IOS app without any problem, since I used it in a family training session having to do with how the new car they have uses electricity when it is charging its battery. I don't recall if I looked at fresh information in the app this morning; probably not. I lucked out that today's failure didn't interrupt yesterday's training session.

I am encouraged by the fact that it was working yesterday. I had not looked at it for a couple of weeks, so didn't know if this was an on-going issue. Thanks for that info.

Great news! It's working! For me at least:
  1. I got into my app! It logged me in!
  2. It is fully working from the two screens I saw so far.
  3. The other matter, which I will go write about in a moment, is also working!

Note that one step I tried before was deleting the app and reinstalling it. That seemed to go smoothly this time when I logged in. It asked to send me notifications. It seems reasonable so far.

8 PM Pacific time: PWs are online in the app, but I lost access to Model 3.

I says the Model 3 was no longer in my account. Can only access the car using the card key.
Great! And terrible. I hope you the best with getting that resolved.