Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else getting this recently - "An unexpected error occurred, please try again"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Black306

Oct 14, 2019
Sacramento
Over the weekend, I was trying to start/stop charging my car (at home) via the app and received an "An unexpected error occurred, please try again" error message. Tried rebooting the car, rebooting the phone, force-quit the app, and disconnected the phone from WiFi (car was on WiFi). Then today, same thing; "An unexpected error occurred, please try again" error message popped up again. This time, car was on cellular. When these errors occurred, commands in the car were fine. This is leading me to believe there is a communication error on Tesla's side.

Car is on 2023.32.9
Phone is on 17.1
App is on 4.26.5-2027

IMG_6518.PNG

Thoughts?

Over the weekend, I was trying to start/stop charging my car (at home) via the app and received an "An unexpected error occurred, please try again" error message. Tried rebooting the car, rebooting the phone, force-quit the app, and disconnected the phone from WiFi (car was on WiFi). Then today, same thing; "An unexpected error occurred, please try again" error message popped up again. This time, car was on cellular. When these errors occurred, commands in the car were fine. This is leading me to believe there is a communication error on Tesla's side.

Car is on 2023.32.9
Phone is on 17.1
App is on 4.26.5-2027

View attachment 986581

Thoughts?

I have seen this as well over the past 2-3 weeks. It usually works if I try the command again, but (for example) just a couple days ago I was trying to condition the cabin before my wife and I went out to dinner. I opened the app, tapped the climate icon, put my phone down and proceeded to continue getting dressed.

When we got to the car, the cabin was stuffy and I was like "I know I triggered this..." and looked at the app and saw that message.

Same software / firmware (and phone platforum, iPhone) as you.

I've seen the car fail to respond to a remote climate control command when parked in areas where either the car or the phone have poor cell signal, but haven't seen this particular message...yet. At home, all our Tesla components are on the same WiFi network in the house, so no issues there...yet.

Just updated all my software on my phone and on the app even installed on an iPad and could reproduce the problem. However, I did a reboot by holding down the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel and the brake and it is working now. Will see.