Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setting home position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I try to set home position for navigation the map system creates a home point that is at a distance of about 50 meters away from my home. Is there some way in which I can make my home point be saved as my actual car position in front of my garage?

If you hold your finger on the map at your driveway for a couple seconds, it will drop a pin at that location and give you the street address that it thinks is correct for that location. Try setting your home address to that address instead of the actual address.

Reactions: Watts_Up
My M3 is driving me nuts with this, the neighbors property line is close to where the car sits in the garage. About 1/2 the time the car thinks it is at his address and the other 1/2 it thinks it is at mine. As a result the car doors lock and Sentry comes on at least 1/2 the time while the car is sitting in the garage.
Anyone know of a fix for this, very annoying trying to grab stuff out of the car or when I walk by I see the sentry mode kick in.
Thanks Terry