Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Setting Model Y hatch height gives three beeps, doesn't stick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

A relative took delivery of a 2023 MYLR over the weekend. He parks the MY in his garage, which is certainly low enough that, if he were to accidentally open the lift gate, the edge would hit the ceiling.

We read through all the instructions online, and he (about 90 minutes from where I am) says he tried the process repeatedly. He says that every time he holds down the button on the underside of the liftgate for three seconds, per the manual, it beeps three times, but does not give him the chime sound to indicate the liftgate height has been set. And, opening the liftgate (using the trigger under the liftgate edge) causes it to open fully.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Todd

I just took delivery of a MYLR a week ago and am still learning a lot of the little details, such as the capability that is the topic of this thread. Really handy for me because my hatch was hitting my open garage door when allowed to open all the way (the last few days I had learned I could catch it while opening so it wouldn't hit but this was not an ideal long term solution). Saw this thread and tried it. Worked the first time. I opened the trunk while parked in my garage and caught the hatch with my hand so it wouldn't hit the open garage door reinforcements above (I live in hurricane prone Florida and the garage doors have 3 inch aluminum reinforcing members attached on the inside for strength that effectively lowers the height from floor-to-open garage door). Then I adjusted the hatch while standing on a ladder so I could see exactly how close I could get without any risk of hitting anything above. Pushed the button on the hatch until I heard a single chime. Pushed the button again to close the hatch and when I opened it again it only went as far as I had set it. I could then manually push the hatch up a little higher if I'm parked in between those aluminum support braces. Very nice! I have had power lift gates on previous minivans but never could adjust them like this. Way to go Tesla!

• Informative
Reactions: mborkow