Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy this Used Model X (100D) for $78k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 Model X | Tesla

I feel like this used model X 100D is a good deal but I would like to ask the community.

This model x has been previously repaired due to an accident with Left Quarter Panel; Rear Bumper; Front driver’s side door, Front passenger side door were all replaced.

It has everything I would want minus the accident.

No, new inventory can be found in same price range if you are patient and work with a good owner advisor.

A new 100D speced the same costs $110k. Are you suggesting that I can get ~$30k off by being patient? That would be great but somewhat hard to believe. The most I have seen with working with reps looking at inventory vehciles (e.g., showroom cars, test drive cars) was $10-15k off but I would have to give on specs (like color, seats, etc).

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Do you know the seating configuration? 5,6 or 7? I would be a little worried about the FWD being replaced.

I haven't really looked lately, but $30k off for a 2 year old car with an accident on its record seems a little low.

A new 100D speced the same costs $110k. Are you suggesting that I can get ~$30k off by being patient? That would be great but somewhat hard to believe. The most I have seen with working with reps looking at inventory vehciles (e.g., showroom cars, test drive cars) was $10-15k off but I would have to give on specs (like color, seats, etc).
I have seen few deals on 100D last quarter - 2019, Long Range, less than 2000 miles on it, qualifying tax rebate, free lifetime supercharging for $76k-$81k range.

Even you buy from private sellers, clean history MX 100D 6 seats is lower than $78k.

Also what type of accident would cause the Left Quarter Panel; Rear Bumper; Front driver’s side door, and Front passenger side door to be replaced!!?
Have you ever driven in Massachusetts? Na, Just kidding. Still, good price, I'd contact their team to get the information. I would think with all the car fax stuff and insurance information, that most of this information can be found.

This carfax (attached) states no accidents and no damage. It is same to assume that this parts replace was due to manufacturing defect? This would mean no structural damage due to a collision which would be great!

Attachments

• F655BE24-52A2-4373-9981-F1EDEECA20F6.png
    F655BE24-52A2-4373-9981-F1EDEECA20F6.png
    922.1 KB · Views: 70
Add $2k to have it shipped across the country which makes it 80,700 plus fees.

I think it is a little high for that car when considering you could recently buy a 2019 pre raven X100D inventory car for mid $90's 6 seat, fsd and 22's. Add tax incentives and you were net ~$89k plus tax + lic

I would keep looking. Try to find something local that wont have to be shipped, clean history and hopefully MCU2.

Also 2 Massachusetts winters on that car ...

Thank you for all of the input folks. :)

This car has AP 2.0 with FSD. Does this mean that I will get upgrade to AP 3.0 at some point in the future?

Yes, at some point, probably next year. And that's the real advantage with FSD on a HW2.0 car: Future free upgrade. :)

I wouldn't worry about the accident, provided it was properly and professionally repaired, which seems highly likely on a nearly new car.

I don't know enough about Model X prices to understand if this is good or not, but your other concerns shouldn't be blockers. The car is 2 to 2.5 years old, so lots of remaining warranty.

• Disagree
Reactions: masapo98 and P85_DA
78k? Do NOT buy a used X right now. First of all the car is 2 model years old. Second a new Model X is 85k and some change. You get a 1800+ tax credit which brings the car down to 83ish. Then if your state has an EV tax credit it brings it down even further.

Most importantly though, if you buy a used one now you are going to find yourself in a truly EPIC negative equity situation very soon. The market has NOT adjusted yet to the fact that Tesla dropped the prices on the new X, which has the updated drive motors, all the packages on it. They used to cost 95+ and now cost 85+ NEW. I demonstrated in another thread that KBB and Nadaguides will show a value on a used 2 year old Tesla with 21000 miles at 85k. If you can't afford a new one, wait 6 months. You will thank me!

78k? Do NOT buy a used X right now. First of all the car is 2 model years old. Second a new Model X is 85k and some change. You get a 1800+ tax credit which brings the car down to 83ish. Then if your state has an EV tax credit it brings it down even further.

Most importantly though, if you buy a used one now you are going to find yourself in a truly EPIC negative equity situation very soon. The market has NOT adjusted yet to the fact that Tesla dropped the prices on the new X, which has the updated drive motors, all the packages on it. They used to cost 95+ and now cost 85+ NEW. I demonstrated in another thread that KBB and Nadaguides will show a value on a used 2 year old Tesla with 21000 miles at 85k. If you can't afford a new one, wait 6 months. You will thank me!

Hi, can you please share the link of the thread you mentioned in your post?

Regards

You
2017 Model X | Tesla

I feel like this used model X 100D is a good deal but I would like to ask the community.

This model x has been previously repaired due to an accident with Left Quarter Panel; Rear Bumper; Front driver’s side door, Front passenger side door were all replaced.

It has everything I would want minus the accident.

You can do much better than this vehicle. I recently sold my 2017 X100D White/White 5 Seat. FSD and every option. The vehicle had 16K miles with no damage. PPF and Ceramic coating. I was asking 79K on the private market, I would have taken 75K. I ended up trading to Tesla for 72.5K.