Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I change paint color from solid black?

Should I switch from Solid Black?

• Solid Black is fine

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • White

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Red

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Obsidian Black

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ceramic coating is not as good as a PPF..it just makes it easier to clean and repels water ..it’s like a long lasting wax high gloss.. there is some hardness to it but in general if u want protection do the front in PPF......for front half of car in PPF usually runs around 1400-2000....ceramics range from 1000-2000 for whole car...I did both as my friend has shop in SoCal so paid low price :rolleyes:....can’t wait to see posts of your car when u get !

• Helpful
Reactions: Spelly88
The ceramic coating is not as good as a PPF..it just makes it easier to clean and repels water ..it’s like a long lasting wax high gloss.. there is some hardness to it but in general if u want protection do the front in PPF......for front half of car in PPF usually runs around 1400-2000....ceramics range from 1000-2000 for whole car...I did both as my friend has shop in SoCal so paid low price :rolleyes:....can’t wait to see posts of your car when u get !

Yeah, ceramic coating is like a very long lasting wax, which takes a lot of hassle out of cleaning and protects the paint finish, but not stone chip or scratch protection if you want that. I would only consider PPF on a car I was planning to keep long term. Ours is on a 4 year PCP deal so didn't see the point.

The pearl white is very nice by the way. Easy to keep clean and doesn't show swirl marks, but the bugs on the front stand out like a sore thumb because there is no conventional grille. I've been cleaning them off far more often than I normally would on a car, but not a big deal. Grey is probably a good compromise, but I think the stormtrooper look really suits the X, especially with the white interior!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Spelly88