Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side camera video too dark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Along with the other various deficiencies of V11, the video images of the side camera when the turn signal brings them on the screen, are too dark to be of much use. I have an M3 - Long Range EAP. The grey on grey of the map screen is also a lot of fun. Was this stuff ever tested on cars?

Along with the other various deficiencies of V11, the video images of the side camera when the turn signal brings them on the screen, are too dark to be of much use.
Too dark during the day or at night? But at night the blinker washes out the video making it useless in my opinion. Also, the only camera with decent video is the rear. Tesla really needs to give us at least 1080P cameras because the video quality is embarrassing for Dashcam and Sentry Mode.

I turned the turn signal camera back off, as I considered it a real safety hazard. In anything but bright sunlight, it is hard to see if a car is close. Especially on the right rear quadrant. I found it provided poor vision at night, at dusk, and in the rain. Not a safe solution, and very distracting.
Sorry Elon, but this was NOT an enhancement.

Yeah, me too. Between the absolute worst possible placement, small size, low contrast, and glare from the turn signal I was never able to actually identify any vehicles in it, It just looked like a gray/yellow flashing rectangle to me.

The feature mostly just highlighted the terrible UI and flawed repeater camera design so hopefully it serves to finally slap some sense into whatever intern forgot to include warning lights in the side mirrors.