Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Significant range loss in 48 hours M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Requesting suggestions. I am on a trip away from my car. Had 190 miles range on Sunday. Just happened to check the car and I am at 112 currently. About 80 miles lost in two days in a garage. I do not get back for another 5 days. What can i do remotely to find out what is happening?

Wow, that's not normal, BUT since it's Florida it's probably hot there now. You may have cabin overheat protection on. If that's the case the car will run the AC to keep the cabin relatively cool under 105 F. That's definitely going to chew up power if the car is not plugged in. Check the manual to see about these settings.

Requesting suggestions. I am on a trip away from my car. Had 190 miles range on Sunday. Just happened to check the car and I am at 112 currently. About 80 miles lost in two days in a garage. I do not get back for another 5 days. What can i do remotely to find out what is happening?
That’s way too much.

Check to see if
1. Sentry is off
2. HVAC system is set to off
3. Log out of any 3rd party apps
Did I miss anything?

Does anyone have a key to your house so they could plug your car in? What you should have done before you left?

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
This may not apply to OP, but I was noticing very heavy drain on 20.4.2 (and possibly earlier versions but noticed it during 4.2) even with Sentry off. It was happening in outside parking during the day, so likely related to cabin overheat or some other thermal management. But it was significantly more than cabin overheat normally consumed. Unclear if it was actual energy consumption or merely how range is calculated.

This appears to have been resolved with 20.4.4.

• Informative
Reactions: RB88