Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silence - No Audio Issue in MY15 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, wondering if anyone else had this issue and how it was permanently fixed. Here's what's going on.

I have a '15 MS 70.

Randomly, the audio completely shuts off (no turn signals, no radio, no nav, no audible warning, etc.), complete silence.

This happens when I enter the car and will persist throughout my drive. The audio will often resume after I've parked and return, usually 15+ minutes later.

I've tried to test different sequences (time of day, key fob vs walk-up vs mobile open) to find a trigger. No dice.

I have tried all the home DIY remedies including hard and soft reset, messing with the equalizer, and re-pairing bluetooth. Na-da

I took my car in for service 2 weeks ago and explained the issue to Tesla Service, but they could not replicate the issue and did not fix.

Tesla did try to provide an over the air update and recommend I clear my nav designations. The issue still there.

I've read there is a similar issue with M3s, but is this common with MS?

If anyone has had this issue and had this "permanently fixed" can you please share how you fixed it and what components needed fixing/replacing, if any?

This would help me guide my Tesla service adviser when I take the car in next week.

Thanks all!

I have a 2015 car, but a 85. I haven’t experienced what you describe.
Only times when I lose audio, and specifically also turn signals, was when the MCU was crashing and imminent to reboot.
I say was as this happened weekly during the 48.12 update and has been fixed with 50.6.
But definitely not normal. Try to note exact time when you observe this and inform Tesla, they can dig in the logs more specifically.