Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver model S with silver 21" wheels!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not many pictures of this colour combo, for anyone who owns or has access to pics of this colour combination please post. Thanks!

Torn between this and midnight silver metallic with the grey 21" wheels

I'm torn between midnight silver and silver 21" wheels and Silver with Silver 21'' wheels.

I LOVE! my Midnight Metallic with Grey wheels

Lol tried every configuration on the site!

CHG I've looked at your pic 657 times, love this look the most probably but the silver grew on me since I saw this

msx_factory_1_u7ubvi_zpsao03qdsb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Both grey and silver are beautiful. Silver is classic, grey mean Ave sporty. Months deciding! Glad iI did cause facelift happened.

Would love to see some silver model S's with silver wheels as all my cars have been grey, love that gun metal look, like my previous car below

msx_factory_1_u7ubvi_zpsao03qdsb.jpg

Anyone has a picture of Midnight Silver with Grey 21" wheels and red-on-black wheel bands? I bought a set, but it didn't arrive yet. It took me quite a while to decide on the wheel bands color combination and I didn't find a single picture of Midnight Silver with Grey 21" wheels and these particular wheel bands colors.

Anyone has a picture of Midnight Silver with Grey 21" wheels and red-on-black wheel bands? I bought a set, but it didn't arrive yet. It took me quite a while to decide on the wheel bands color combination and I didn't find a single picture of Midnight Silver with Grey 21" wheels and these particular wheel bands colors.

These bands protect from curb rash yes? If so I've seen dark grey bands in a grey model s with Grey 21" wheels and it looked amazing

Thank you so much! This is what I wanted to see. Looks so classical!
I'm torn.

The silver hides dirt well? Are the wheels on air suspension? If not how do they feel on coils?

Sure thing- The silver hides dirt very well. I have noticed especially after some heavy rains we have had here that the car really only belies it dirt on the glass and the chrome.

The wheels are on air suspension. The interior is tan leather which looks fantastic with the silver exterior. I get a lot of compliments on the car driving around (more so than any other somewhat "exotic" car I've owned).

The tan leather seems to resist stains/discoloration as well.

I've been pulled up next to a number of different colored Tesla's at Superchargers and just around town, I have to admit I think the silver looks the most classy of the colors. The dark grey is really a pretty color, however I find that the darker metallic colors give the car a slightly odd visual from some angles due to the shape/lines of the car. That is not to say it is still not beautiful, just doesn't look quite a crisp I would say.

Reactions: Lawtq

I have had red AlloyGators for the last year or so. They have been great. Very robust and excellent rim protectors. Look great, though a bit loud, IMO. But no complaints. Lots of compliments from passers by. They have saved my rims beautifully. But they are a total PIA to install and maintain. So I am about to try Rimblade Scuffs. They do not look to be as robust. But may be close. I think they will look amazing. I'll share pics after this weekend, when installed. Can't wait to do it!

You can go to the "Model S Interior/Exterior" forum and click on, "Model S shows its true colors", in the "Stickies" portion. Choose the silver car and it will play a slide show of quite a few different silver cars, from different angles, with different wheels. I think they're beautiful. One of the Dallas managers ordered a Silver/Gray with no sunroof, and dark 21's, for the store, and it was absolutely gorgeous. In fact that's what I'm ordering. The "no pano and no black roof", really changed the lines and looks of the car. It was very classy, and aggressive looking with the dark wheels. My wife and I both loved the look. We're ordering this build but with the beige interior. It will actually work very well together. I custom ordered her an X5 last Christmas with the same combo, and everybody that saw it flipped. As long as the silver is silver, and not too gray or blue dominant, and the beige is the same, not too dark, both neutral in other words, it works great. BMW's silver and beige are very similar to Tesla's. Good luck!

Reactions: Lawtq
I have had red AlloyGators for the last year or so. They have been great. Very robust and excellent rim protectors. Look great, though a bit loud, IMO. But no complaints. Lots of compliments from passers by. They have saved my rims beautifully. But they are a total PIA to install and maintain. So I am about to try Rimblade Scuffs. They do not look to be as robust. But may be close. I think they will look amazing. I'll share pics after this weekend, when installed. Can't wait to do it!
I ordered RimPro-Tec red-on-black wheel bands from carid.com and they are arriving in the mail tomorrow. I will make sure to post the pictures before and after the installation. These wheel bands have really good reviews both in terms of appearance and actual rim protection.

I ordered RimPro-Tec red-on-black wheel bands from carid.com and they are arriving in the mail tomorrow. I will make sure to post the pictures before and after the installation. These wheel bands have really good reviews both in terms of appearance and actual rim protection.

I think these look the best of all. A very classy pinstipe effect. But they look so thin that I am concerned about them protecting me from my spaz moves. I am very interested in hearing what you think