Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius Satellite Tuner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to see if my Sirius Satellite Tuner worked. Turned the JVC to Satellite to access the serial no. and it came up with a message, "no antenna". I found a service bulletin which indicated the SR-JVC had a excessive current draw and the bulletin went through the steps to change the old S1R-JC1 to a new Two Module, JVC-SRA100 and Sirius SC-C1. The bulletin also listed the effected serial numbers, mine showed up, 673. Short of removing a lot of parts in the dash and driver side sill is there any way of knowing if your car had been changed?

I'm surprised you still have the original JVC stereo after all these years. I upgraded mine about a year after first getting the roadster and then again about 2 years ago. It's not that expensive to upgrade and (if I recall) the original only supports Sirius but not XM-radio since they were in the process of merging around that time.

Reactions: X.l.r.8
I just purchased the car this past month. It was a one owner car and really doesn't have any after market upgrades. What was the manufacturer of the the last upgrades? I would really like to to install a system with a 7" screen!

do you have a link to the service bulletin? i also have a JVC radio . . . 2 month owner :)

i believe upgrade are all aftermarket, not anything from Tesla. there are a few posts about Flip-out radios and Android based radios with larger screen sizes.

i'm thinking about this Pioneer one

The upgrade was aftermarket (Al&Ed's Autosound). There's nothing special with the stereo. Any generic system of the correct form-factor will work. If you have an earlier Roadster (like mine -- 512), you can purchase a double-din upgrade from Tesla which is essentially a modified bit of plastic that changes the vents on top of the stereo to half-height in order to fit a larger system. If you can't get the parts from Tesla anymore, Al & Ed's in Los Angeles also manufactures them ... or at least used to.
Best of Luck!

I've had #209 for almost two years and it came with the stock JVC head unit. Honestly I don't really care to upgrade it, it's a nice throwback for me and I like the old school feel. I wouldn't mind upgrading the speakers themselves though!