Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM De-authorizing Constantly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I have a Canadian SiriusXM subscription, so maybe that's part of it.

After the re-freshed update was applied, I had to reauthorize the radio (can't use the # they conveniently include on the touch screen - that goes to SiriusXM US and they know nothing about me). I logged into the Canadian portal and resent the signal. A few minutes later, it started working again.

However...

When switching channels, it will suddenly de-authorize and go to the "preview" channel. I can't select any other station (they appear on the UI but they don't work). Sometimes it will start working again, then suddenly stop. It's like the radio itself loses the authorization. Super annoying and effectively makes the radio useless.

Anyone else have this issue?

Have you rebooted your Tesla? If so, it sounds like either a software bug (Tesla) or your SiriusXM radio is bad. You could call Canadian SiriusXM. They can check ot make sure you are on the "Canadian" radio, and they could send a full refresh (I had to do this because I had a lifetime Sirius subscription, but the Tesla radio likes XM, so they resent the "correct" refresh). Anyway, they can check your account and make sure it is correct for a Tesla in Canada. After you a reboot and check with SiriusXM, the next step is Tesla.

I'm not in Canada, and I don't lose the radio authorization, but nearly every time I start mine flips to the Preview channel then back to what i had it tuned to when I parked.
Yeah, I think this is sort of what’s happening.

If I go through the categories and select a station, it goes to the preview channel. I can use the steering wheel controls to go back and forth through the favourites, but I can’t select any through the UI.

When I’m on a station, I can’t use the channel forward/back buttons on the MCU. It doesn’t do anything.

And we have people on here claiming Tesla’s infotainment SW is superior to CarPlay and Android Auto. ‍♂️