Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have done many searches on google and cannot find the answer to this question nor can I find it in the Tesla manual.
I am new to Slacker. When a song comes on that you like and you hit the + with the music note button what does that mean? Is the song stored some where. Also if you hit the circle with the line through it what does that do?

Thanks in advance.

That's Slacker's version of Pandora's thumbs up & thumbs down vote. If you signed in with your personal account in the car (not the default Tesla account that provides the upgraded free service) you can then go online and build a personalized playlist based on your votes. It's basically useless if you're on Tesla's account, however I do notice that Slacker tends to play my "thumbs up" songs more often on stations I've created in the car via the search tool and saved to my favorites.

It's a way to rate songs as HEART or BAN. I can't find info on what specifically it does other than if you press the BAN icon then that song will not play on that Slacker station again for you.
"On the Now Playing screen, press the "Ban" icon (no symbol) to ban the currently playing song from playing again on that station"
I'm guessing the HEART of FAVORITE button will make that song play more often on that station.

Last edited:
That's Slacker's version of Pandora's thumbs up & thumbs down vote. If you signed in with your personal account in the car (not the default Tesla account that provides the upgraded free service) you can then go online and build a personalized playlist based on your votes. It's basically useless if you're on Tesla's account, however I do notice that Slacker tends to play my "thumbs up" songs more often on stations I've created in the car via the search tool and saved to my favorites.
It's not useless if you use the same Tesla's account online. Tesla will provide you with the credentials if you ask for it.

How did you request it? Just wondering, since from what I was told when I picked up my S back in 2013, the credentials were not given out to owners due to the special deal TM had negotiated with Slacker.
No, I sent an email to [email protected] along with my VIN requesting it. A few hours later they sent me the ID and PW no questions asked. Many others did the same thing. I'm sure it will be fine.

• Informative
Reactions: felddy
This is the response I received from Tesla today when I asked for the credentials. :(

"Hello,

Please see the Slacker details below. However, please note that the accounts cannot be upgraded and that the Tesla will only accept the current package included originally. Also, please do not change the credentials as we will have no access to troubleshoot."

This is the response I received from Tesla today when I asked for the credentials. :(

"Hello,

Please see the Slacker details below. However, please note that the accounts cannot be upgraded and that the Tesla will only accept the current package included originally. Also, please do not change the credentials as we will have no access to troubleshoot."
Couple of things:
1. In 8.0 they made it so the Tesla credentials we were given no longer work.
2. You weren't asking to change the credentials just use the Tesla ID and password (which had been given out in the past.
3. Since these are "Tesla" credentials they can still troubleshoot.
4. You weren't asking to upgrade anything.

All in all the email from Tesla answered a bunch of questions I don't think you asked. All you asked for was the Tesla Slacker ID/password and they simply could have said "sorry we don't do that anymore".