Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Air Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, "Standard" would be the height equivalent with OEM non-air struts. So, cars with SAS do get about 1/2" lower than cars without. It's also easier to lower the SAS cars....just requires $100 lowering links and you can reset the 'standard' height of the car at any time.

Of course, you can get lowering springs for a fixed drop, or coilovers to have adjustability.

Reactions: goingplaid
Upvote 0
does the1/2 inch make a noticeable difference in stance?
Noticeable is a subjective term but, I think so. I switched from coils to SaS after my first two cars due to ride quality improvements on most all conditions plus the ability to raise and lower for speed bumps or ruts in the snow in the winter is worth the price of admission. For me, it's more about function than form but I also like the lowered more aggressive stance that also happens to increase highway efficiency as an added bonus. (there I go with that function over form preferance again)

Upvote 0
i didnt consider snow before but thats a really good point and i like the lowered stance
We made the same mistake with our first two Model S's. Starting with the third one and on I wouldn't even consider a car w/o adjustable ride height as we drive the same car and all season tires year 'round in Northern Colorado. Ground clearance is an important consideration several months of the year not to mention the times we use access roads to camp up in the mountains. A little extra ground clearance and take 'er slow and you're good to go!

Reactions: goingplaid
Upvote 0