TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Smart Brabus ForTwo (Tesla Powered)

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Dubbedup, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Dubbedup

Dubbedup Member

****Words taken from Pistonheads.com****

Even Brabus can't ignore the 'green' issue, however. Revealed alongside the Mighty E V12 was the Brabus High Voltage, a Smart ForTwo with Tesla-developed 83hp electric motor. It's only got a range of 60 miles, but it does have 206lb ft available from zero rpm, and will do 0-62mph in 3.7sec. Enough for a 'quick' trip to the shops, we should think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Another great way to change perceptions. A sleeper like that would certainly be a fun addition in any garage.

I looks like a hampster but eats cobras, bulls, and prancing horses for lunch.

3. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

From the comments in the same article:

Tesla never worked on a high powered motor for the Smart, except for the prototype they have at their headquarters. At any rate when I saw the 83hp number I was immediately skeptical of the acceleration claim, since Tesla's prototype had a 200+hp motor from the Roadster.