Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys - I'm in agreement that a lot of people ask too much for their Tesla, based on what they paid, not what the car is currently worth. But, there's no need in having this same conversation in every thread. I know it's a forum, and open dialogue is to be expected, but this is honestly going too far. If the OP is asking too much for his car, it won't sell and he'll have to lower the price.

I promise you that the market will do a MUCH better job of guiding the OP to the exact price his car is worth - the price he eventually sells it for. If that is $49k or $40k, that's the market value. Let him sell his car.

Exactly. It IS a forum RULE to not comment on car pricing unless the poster specifically requests pricing feedback . . . but the mods enforcement of this rule is horrible.

I wonder if these same people troll used car lots and walk up and voice their opinions to those sellers? Food for thought.

Feel free to compare an EV with ICE. Also feel free to compare apples and oranges. Besides four wheels, a passenger compartment and similar usages, the two are different.

You brought up the Bolt. I took delivery 1/06/2017, which makes me one of the earliest owners. Please don't think the Bolt was free of manufacturing defects and QA issues. Heck, Chevy has issued two "critical" recalls since Bolts have been sold. Go to Audi, Mercedes, BMW forums and ask if they suffered from any manufacturing or QA defects. Be prepared for dozens, hundreds of replies, most beginning with "LOL".

What are these exposed, unfinished surfaces in the Model 3 you speak of? The frunk bag hooks? Ok, you got me. I'll have to close my eyes every time I open the frunk and wish I bought a Cadillac instead. When friend/strangers ask you how you like your Model 3, do you answer "yes, but I sure wish it had bag hooks"?

As far as "missing features"... I've scoured the listed features in all the Model 3 trims. Nowhere do I see "frunk hooks". I also do not see any mention of new streaming services, one touch pedal driving, or venting option. When I ordered the Model 3, I thought the range was 310 miles, now it's 323. I'll take any of these features over bag hooks.

We are all frustrated with lack of communication and transparency from Tesla. But it's absurd to think Tesla is alone with these issues, no matter the "premium" designation or not. It's part of the car buying process, and IMO Tesla is no better/worse than the others.
LOL

Which part of "price point" didn't you understand? It's not apples to oranges it's about the segment which is the premium segment.

You bought GM product and made a run at v1.0. There's a fine line between brave and stupid. You bought a premium priced economy box with a battery. Unless I'm mistaken the bolt was a compliance vehicle so they could pump out more pickup trucks and SUV's. I just couldn't waste money like that. I wasn't talking manufacturing defects I was talking penny pinching by Tesla which to be fair isn't nice if we the customer expected X and was sold X then delivered mostly X but missing a few bits.

I think it's safe to say your well within fan boy territory and as long as your happy go ahead and defined Tesla all you like. Meanwhile out here in the real world those of us spending $45k - $60+ on a new vehicle whether it's ICE or EV we don't want to see exposed screws anywhere, we don't want the price going up and the features going down or things being blatantly removed. That's the point I'm making, their penny pinching it making parts of the car look cheap. At this price point I'm not paying for cheap? If your first thought is to respond with.. well you could buy the missing parts you need to stop and understand you've drunk way too much of the Tesla cool aide.

Reactions: jonquiljo
LOL. YOU are the one who brought up the Bolt. Then you proceed with more sad misinformation, throwing words around like "compliance car" without a single clue as to its meaning. What has blind GM hatred have to do with anything in this thread?

Show me where I said anything about buying the "missing" parts yourself.

Then you conveniently throw anyone who disagrees with your lame points as a "fanboy". Do you work for the White House?

LOL. YOU are the one who brought up the Bolt. Then you proceed with more sad misinformation, throwing words around like "compliance car" without a single clue as to its meaning. What has blind GM hatred have to do with anything in this thread?

Show me where I said anything about buying the "missing" parts yourself.

Then you conveniently throw anyone who disagrees with your lame points as a "fanboy". Do you work for the White House?
Yes I did bring up the econo box priced like a luxury car Bolt. Yes it's a compliance car which unfortunately isn't misinformation when it is indeed a fact. A sad fact as I wish other automakers would take EV's more seriously than they have. I've a feeling when it all shakes out with EV's in 10 or so years from now we'll be left with the equivalent of an iPhone or an Android for vehicles.

Man I come on this to talk, discuss the facts not hold the hands of those that get offended. Yes sometimes those facts say Tesla are doing something wrong, cheap or insulting to their base whom are.. luxury/premium car buyers.

I didn't read anything you wrote. But you're still wrong.

You're right and wrong at the same time. You're right about it doing the thing, but wrong about me being wrong about well-established physics.

If you are just trolling or willfully ignorant, then we can leave it at this. If you'd like to know why you're actually partly right without breaking physics, then I'll provide info.

I don't think you'd be capable of comprehending it though. Your claims indicate you believe that Verizon's "Unlimited" data is actually unlimited like they say it is, and that it's impossible for anybody who doesn't have Verizon to say it's not.

• Disagree
Reactions: ivy_ and mlkmade
:D Just a bit??? I didn't know free supercharging was a $20k option.
He didn't ask for anyone to critique his asking price. Your posts violate forum rules (again) and have been reported. Stop being disrespectful to other members of this community.
Thank you, I hope that person is the exception on this forum. My thought process was to post here and see what input other owners might have. If someone wants to inhibit the ability of others to make money or influence the outcome negatively, maybe they shouldn't be on this type of forum He also has a profile that you can't access, so when I tried to look at his to see if he picks at people, it said his profile is private. Shocking.

Blah blah. You proved me wrong but my ego is too fragile to admit it, so I will just call you names because I'm insecure with myself.

Seems like the only troll here is the one who doesn't own the product and hasn't provided any proof to back up his claim.

Also, you're wrong.

"X6 even provides full-power output in pass-through mode and is not limited to the amount of input power provided. This allows you to charge X6 with a solar panel or dynamo while still getting maximum output performance."

• Disagree
Reactions: Kitfox
Thank you, I hope that person is the exception on this forum. My thought process was to post here and see what input other owners might have. If someone wants to inhibit the ability of others to make money or influence the outcome negatively, maybe they shouldn't be on this type of forum He also has a profile that you can't access, so when I tried to look at his to see if he picks at people, it said his profile is private. Shocking.
This is exactly why I've been so adamant that posts like this get removed by forum staff immediately.

Once again, we have a newer member that's dipping his toe in the water and is immediately pounced upon by a couple of members who refuse to follow forum rules. It should just be understood etiquette but apparently some people just don't care about how they treat others.

It just so happens that some of the people that are crapping on people's for sale posts are trying to buy Tesla's for half of market value as they still don't even own one. They profess to be "experts" on the market values of used Tesla cars. They try to bully people into dropping their prices so that way maybe someday they can afford one. They do this all under the guise of protecting other potential buyers which is complete BS.

This is exactly why I've been so adamant that posts like this get removed by forum staff immediately.

Once again, we have a newer member that's dipping his toe in the water and is immediately pounced upon by a couple of members who refuse to follow forum rules. It should just be understood etiquette but apparently some people just don't care about how they treat others.

It just so happens that some of the people that are crapping on people's for sale posts are trying to buy Tesla's for half of market value as they still don't even own one. They profess to be "experts" on the market values of used Tesla cars. They try to bully people into dropping their prices so that way maybe someday they can afford one. They do this all under the guise of protecting other potential buyers which is complete BS.
You are derailing this post and opening it up for argument by making assumptions and exaggerating. One could just a much assume that since you are an owner of two Model S that were very expensive you are now really angry that the current market value of your cars has dropped so much and view any information on what cars are selling for like a personal attack. Cucubits probably could do better at asking relevant questions or providing relevant information than merely complaining though.

You are derailing this post and opening it up for argument by making assumptions and exaggerating. One could just a much assume that since you are an owner of two Model S that were very expensive you are now really angry that the current market value of your cars has dropped so much and view any information on what cars are selling for like a personal attack. Cucubits probably could do better at asking relevant questions or providing relevant information than merely complaining though.
Pointing out that people are in clear violation of forum rules (not to mention just being jerks with crapping on someone's for sale thread) isn't derailing the thread.

You should try to find a way to make money at being wrong because every time you try to guess about my personal situation you couldn't be any more wrong.

• Disagree
Reactions: BobbyJones
Pointing out that people are in clear violation of forum rules (not to mention just being jerks with crapping on someone's for sale thread) isn't derailing the thread.

You should try to find a way to make money at being wrong because every time you try to guess about my personal situation you couldn't be any more wrong.
My point is assumptions an character attacks are a waste of space in a thread and yours don't have more value than another persons'. People should stick to posting data and relevant questions.

Good point @BobbyJones . Here's current data for P85Ds for sale from Tesla now. These come with warranty. If the OP thinks he can get $20k more for his P85D, good for him. But for now, this is an open forum and he did ask for opinions on pricing.

PS: I have no idea what the ostrich dude said. He's clearly got a thing for me but best approach is to not lower to his level. I've got him on my ignore list and the forum will not show me any of his posts anymore, just notifications but those disappear too.

p85d.jpg

He didn't ask for anyone to critique his asking price. Your posts violate forum rules (again) and have been reported. Stop being disrespectful to other members of this community.
And I didn’t ask for your critique of my post either. That aside I have a little relevant insight in this area as I have been marketing a 2015 P85DL about two weeks before you Chris and steph. I started just below Kelly blue book and what tesla was asking on their CPO site even though I have about 9K of value Add ons beyond sticker price. I have since dropped to 50800 since the sweet spot for these cars seems to be 48K to 52K. Of course there are many variables that will effect price, geographical location, color combos, desirable options and mileage. I am in no crunch to sell and will hold onto the car and trade it in in either December if a suitable inventory car comes up or wait till the plaid in a year. As I dated in my thread it just ticks me off that tesla will take my car on trade wash it and add ~9K to the price. I’d rather someone get the benefit of a lower price AND free supercharging through me. So again good luck with the sale chris and steph. I hope this helps.

Reactions: cucubits
And I didn’t ask for your critique of my post either. That aside I have a little relevant insight in this area as I have been marketing a 2015 P85DL about two weeks before you Chris and steph. I started just below Kelly blue book and what tesla was asking on their CPO site even though I have about 9K of value Add ons beyond sticker price. I have since dropped to 50800 since the sweet spot for these cars seems to be 48K to 52K. Of course there are many variables that will effect price, geographical location, color combos, desirable options and mileage. I am in no crunch to sell and will hold onto the car and trade it in in either December if a suitable inventory car comes up or wait till the plaid in a year. As I dated in my thread it just ticks me off that tesla will take my car on trade wash it and add ~9K to the price. I’d rather someone get the benefit of a lower price AND free supercharging through me. So again good luck with the sale chris and steph. I hope this helps.

It doesn't matter if you asked me to critique your post or not because that's not a forum rule. It's a simple rule: No comments on pricing unless seller asks for it specifically. In this case several negative comments were made about the OP's list price before they ever solicited an opinion and even that was specifically stated to be done via PM.

On top of that you're using this person's car listing to market your own car you're selling? Classy.

It doesn't matter if you asked me to critique your post or not because that's not a forum rule. It's a simple rule: No comments on pricing unless seller asks for it specifically. In this case several negative comments were made about the OP's list price before they ever solicited an opinion and even that was specifically stated to be done via PM.

On top of that you're using this person's car listing to market your own car you're selling? Classy.
Good lord please get a spa treatment and have a beer. If you go down about 6 threads from this one you see I have been marketing my car three weeks before this post. ( blue P85DL )I only bring it up because I don’t want chris& Steph waste time like I did trying to find the sweet spot to market their car. So no I am not piggybacking on this thread to sell my car. Yes I didn’t exactly follow the rules but I didn’t realize that trying to help someone out should be worthy of such blow back. Chris&steph try a number of different venues. Craigslist, car gurus, come to mind. eBay motors I have got a few scams and a number of people willing to give me 10k to 15k less then asking so not sure if that has been worthwhile there

Status
Not open for further replies.