Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow Help?!? Window Lip?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased a M3. The weather has been terrible since i brought it home and I am having an issue with the trunk filling with snow or rain as soon as I open it to grab my snow brush or charger. Everything from the rear windshield dumps into the trunk as soon as it pops up. I've seen a kind of small lip on the rear window of a few M3's. Does anyone know who makes it and if it actually diverts water away from the open trunk?

These?
US $32.02 30% OFF|NEW 1 Pcs Gloss Black ABS Trunk Spoiler Cover Trim Water Retaining Wing For Tesla Model 3 2018+|Spoilers & Wings| | - AliExpress
US $69.0 |LUCKEASY Car ABS the water retaining wings for Tesla model 3 2017 2019 coupe performance trunk spoiler wing|Spoilers & Wings| | - AliExpress

I think these are genuine Chinese invention and you aren't gonna find a reputable brand name behind it. There may be local retailers/resellers for these that offer better service than AliExpress sellers though.

I recently purchased a M3. The weather has been terrible since i brought it home and I am having an issue with the trunk filling with snow or rain as soon as I open it to grab my snow brush or charger. Everything from the rear windshield dumps into the trunk as soon as it pops up. I've seen a kind of small lip on the rear window of a few M3's. Does anyone know who makes it and if it actually diverts water away from the open trunk?
I have had my M3 through a snowy Canadian winter and have learned to gently open the trunk so as not to disturb the snow load on the window.In my car the trunk never pops up, not sure if you have retrofitted some special trunk opener?
Another option is to leave your brush on the floor of the back seat.

Once I had a layer of ice on my rear window from freezing rain and the next day it melted just enough to be able to slide down when I opened the trunk. Trunk was full of ice. That's what we get for winter driving a car designed in California :)

Snow? What's snow? He said, from normally sunny Northern CA.

One of the first things I added to the car was a WeatherTech trunk liner. As long as there's relatively nothing inside the trunk, it's easy to take the mat out, shake it off and put it back in.