Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Cool: Everyday Astronaut’s New Broadcast Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cosmacelf

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
Cool video from Tim Dodd:

They bought a used NBC News broadcast truck, complete with 70 foot mast, and turned it into a mobile streaming van.

The tech is seriously high end. Interesting to see what goes into a high end streaming production these days. Also I am tickled to see that a very niche streamer can afford so much gear and such high quality production equipment.

Lastly, since this is an EV forum, I weep to see how impressed Tim was with his dual EcoFlow batteries which give him a whopping total 7.2kWh of energy. That’s not a typo. Any EV has like 10x that much energy. We so need EV vans and trucks. Come on Tesla or anyone, get going and produce a cheap commercial EV cargo van with real offtake power.

Last edited:
Lastly, since this is an EV forum, I weep to see how impressed Tim was with his dual EcoFlow batteries which give him a whopping total 7.2kWh of energy.

Ecoflow ∆ Pro batteries are one of the most cost effective products on the market for the specific purpose of low-effort AC power; as that was the intent of these batteries he's right to be stoked. There are other solutions that provide better capacity/$, but they're not the literal plug-and-play of the ecoflows. Ecoflow also has a big differentiator over the other batteries out there (goal zero, jackery, etc.) in that one can bridge two delta pros into a proper 240V...though It doesn't look like Tim has two deltapros--looks like one ∆ pro and an expansion battery.

FTR, I have two delta pros bridged to 240V that I can plug into my generator input and run my whole house with barely a concern on load. Solid.

Reactions: adiggs