Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I had my yellow screen fixed this past weekend...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it fixed at the Service Center in Owings Mills. Ended up having to leave it overnight, and they provided Uber credits, no loaner. I was told the procedure takes two hours, and when I asked the service advisor if it was permanent, they responded that it was. What's also interesting is that this device that does the UV treatment wears out, because the UV LED's burn out faster than other LED bulbs. Which is what may have caused this whole issue in the first place, that the UV LED's that were originally used to cure the screen were not replaced as often as they should have been, resulting in the incomplete cure and the yellow borders on our screens. Well, I have about another 29K miles to find out...

Funny thing is that I noticed the screen was fixed for about the first minute after it was fixed, now I don't even notice it anymore. I have to look for it to notice that the borders are not yellow anymore.

What I am really saying is that after I had it fixed, I realized it was not that big of a deal to begin with. The gap around my hatch bothers me alot more.

A few months back when I told them about the yellow border they told me that they were working on a way to fix it and that they would contact me when they have it ready. Did Tesla reach out to you for this fix or did you contact them and make an appointment?

I also had the yellow border for probably the last 10K miles but it didn’t bug me that much. I went in due to a seal problem with the driver’s door window (that bothered me) and mentioned the yellow border. They loaned me a 100d model x and three days later, the wind noise from the window is gone and so is the yellow border. FYI, I was told last winter they would let me know when they could fix it too, and they never did. Only got repaired because I had the other issue and asked.

Highland Park Service Center did it right. . . Although my car had 22 more miles on it when I picked it up. As a Chicago guy I had visions of the scene in Ferris Bueller with the valet parkers going for the joy ride. . . Hmmmmm

I've heard that Chicago got its reputation for being the "Windy City" not from meteorological events, but because its residents were known for boasting(being "windy") about how great their city was.

Partially True. The popular legend is that a reporter in NYC koined the phrase when NYC was competing with Chicago for the World’s Fair. But most historians believe that the “Windy” part was koined because of the double entendre given Chicago’s windy weather. That said, NYC, Boston and SanFran have higher average wind speeds. . . Just saying.

Funny thing is that I noticed the screen was fixed for about the first minute after it was fixed, now I don't even notice it anymore. I have to look for it to notice that the borders are not yellow anymore.
But how bad did it get? Mine was awful before I had it done, it used to depress me hoping in the car and seeing it :(
I was genuinely surprised how well it has turned out though, hopefully it is permanent.