Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Socal to Vegas on Memorial Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this under "Road Trips" before realizing it might be better under "California"

Nearly a last minute decision to head up to Vegas on Memorial Day. I know traffic coming back to Socal on this day is maddening, but since traffic in both directions will be using the same superchargers, it will probably still be challenging heading up. For those of you, who have driven the 15 to/from vegas on a Memorial Day, what time would you recommend I get to Yermo, Baker, or Primm?

I was at Patterson this morning at 9 am, the northern most of the Free Chargers, and between then and when the Free Charging Incentive ended for the morning at 10 am the place FILLED with Teslas, I think everyone was trying to optimize the scheduled free charging.

Perhaps you can use that as a data point to optimize your trip back, either beat the crowd or get there after. Also, Barstow just opened two new Superchargers, so Yermo won't be a problem. Check out the Tanger Way one, it's a 20 station V3 site but wired for 60 stations eventually. If you need Primm that's the only bottleneck.

Reactions: Y Not
I did this trip just two days ago. San Gabriel Valley to Vegas and back. Yermo was packed by 11am but open-ish by noon.

Agree, definitely leave early especially with the free charging, or arrive after. Let's say Yermo by 9am, Primm by 11am? You have the right idea with short charging hops.